AFIII Ragdoll - Rust

Guitars sound huge LT. Love it. And the vocals and melody are excellent. I like all your Ragdoll material and this feels like its going next level. Look forward to it.

Bad Ass Leon. I usually listen to lighter stuff but I found myself sucked into the song, the lyrics, the guitars and the awesome mix! Nicely done!

I like the tune a lot, has some mix of modern stuff with old school hard rock like the "sticky" chorus, that makes it super cool for my taste. The overall mix is excellent, but that is not a surprise :)

For anyone interested, I've done a section by section break down here.

Very cool. Thanks for all the info on the guitar tracks. What was done for the bass tracks? How many? Is it Axe III preset(s)? How to EQ to make it not conflict with such a big guitar sound?

I'm not sure what ended up being used on bass, but it was very similar to the Forrester Savell/Karnivool thing - split the bass into 3 bands with a clean DI for the low end and seperate mid/high band distortion. Easy enough to replicate with the Axe. Live Ryan uses the Axe-III B7K & SVT model into a York Audio 2x10 IR.

I'm not sure what ended up being used on bass, but it was very similar to the Forrester Savell/Karnivool thing - split the bass into 3 bands with a clean DI for the low end and seperate mid/high band distortion. Easy enough to replicate with the Axe. Live Ryan uses the Axe-III B7K & SVT model into a York Audio 2x10 IR.

Leon - thank you. very helpful.

Just Fantastic! Very-very Nice, Leon.. You got that whole “Rock Star” thing, nailed, I’d say! :0)

Now.. ...why is it, ...that I always feel like a tiny-bit of an undeserving fraud when perusing these videos!!! :confused::D

Back
Top Bottom