Radical Axe FX Tuner

serge20261

Inspired
havent posted this in bugs I'm sure it's the big bug that's the problem,when I tune my High B and E strings standard tuning,on the B string although in tunes reads G same as the Low E which insists on Reading A
I've checked with my Peterson strobe all good.ive tried to connect my Peterson to front of Axe and my guitar
It's very noisy,not sure what the problem is.

B is the 4th harmonic on the G strings, and E is the 2nd harmonic of the A string. Sometimes if your guitar is either not putting out a strong enough signal, or if the harmonic content of your string is strange (odd tone/eq), then tuners off all brands will frequently mistake a the fundamental of the string you're tuning as being a harmonic of a different note.

It's how both tuners and our ears hear notes. Every note has the same harmonic series, and we hear all of that collection of pitches together to form one main, fundamental note. We're so good at it, if we only hear the harmonics with no fundamental, our brains will fill it in as if it were there. Tuners are programmed to track notes the same way we hear them, and likewise, when fed confusing input, can cause notes to be misidentified.

Back
Top Bottom