Wish Rackmount Version of FX8?

Maybe I'm being silly here, but I have a Triaxis. It would be great to have just FX, everything the FX8 has, in an easily rack mounted format so that I only have a midi cable on the floor.

Not sure how popular this would be, but I'd buy one in a heartbeat!:mrgreen

Last edited:
Yeah man! Why not? Not that I need it but it makes sense as FAS is already well known and highly regarded in the rack users market.

Yeah man! Why not? Not that I need it but it makes sense as FAS is already well known and highly regarded in the rack users market.
That's what I was thinking.
I don't really want to give up tubes.
I do really want a high end rack processor that does everything I need.

I've been using a Digitech GSP1101 for years. I just keep the amp sims turned off.
It's a great processor for FX. Midi functions are a little bit limited and the unit is over 10 years old.
Digitech stopped supporting it years ago, but they still sell them. There are some guys that call their site, "Must Be Beta." Without the Beta firmware updates, the 1101 is just mediocre at best.
I'd like to replace it with something faster, stronger, better sounding!

Axe-Fx II ....
I had thought about that, but for me it is just too much extra stuff.
I don't want to spend the extra money on stuff I'll never use, like amp simulations.
I just want FX, midi, looper, one cable on the ground.

I want FX in front of my preamp, and then between my preamp and power amp.

But you would still need a midi controller on the floor for the FX8 wouldn't you?

And the FX8 is the same price or more than an AxeFX II, you just set up your chains with fx only?

Where can I get an AxeFX II for the same price? If it were the same price, I'd definitely give it a try!
All of the ones I've see were more expensive though.

With a rack mounted FX8, I would still need a midi pedal, but I could use any midi pedal I wanted to.
It seems like the midi pedal is a certain percentage of the cost of the floor unit as well.

Maybe it's a pipe dream that would only work for me, but it would work for me......

Its certainly a fair idea. I mean the one problem with just running the axe fx II is noise issues. Now Humbusters work pretty well but the II is not as transparent as the FX8. I'm curious to see how the AX8 comes out. The Axe FX 3 or next model might be more conducive to transparency too eventually. I think FAS will figure some things out this year. The helix is only going to push things more for all these companies. In the mean time I'm very satisfied with Quantum and the II.

I had thought about that, but for me it is just too much extra stuff.
I don't want to spend the extra money on stuff I'll never use, like amp simulations.
I just want FX, midi, looper, one cable on the ground.

I want FX in front of my preamp, and then between my preamp and power amp.

never say never.

I understand-.....................As I said in another thread....Buying the AxeFX would also be an instant "back up rig" So I don't think the $$ is wasted.

but I know we can only do what we can do. I thought the FX8 was around $1500? Whatever! I have seen MKII's for $1,600, And the price is not going to go up, if anything it will go down..

Hope you find a solution........

Its certainly a fair idea. I mean the one problem with just running the axe fx II is noise issues. Now Humbusters work pretty well but the II is not as transparent as the FX8.

I think that FAS has learned and they incorporated a few upgrades with the XL.

I would like to see the same super low noise input/outputs that the FX8 has, on the next gen Axe FX II.

As for this thread, can any FX8 users tell me whether it is small enough to fit rack mounted on a pull out shelf? That's how I have my M13, which is meant to be used on the floor too. And I'd love to have an FX8 rack mounted (if it fits), that I could easily pull out and use on the floor with an amp, if needed.

Thanks

I think that FAS has learned and they incorporated a few upgrades with the XL.

I would like to see the same super low noise input/outputs that the FX8 has, on the next gen Axe FX II.

As for this thread, can any FX8 users tell me whether it is small enough to fit rack mounted on a pull out shelf? That's how I have my M13, which is meant to be used on the floor too. And I'd love to have an FX8 rack mounted (if it fits), that I could easily pull out and use on the floor with an amp, if needed.

Thanks
I think you would have to use a 3 space shelf.
The specs say 3.96" high. I just measured mine, with the handle, it looks very close to 4".

That's not a bad idea, but I really only want a 4-5 space rack at the most. That would include preamp, power amp, power conditioner, and FX.

Back
Top Bottom