Rack Suggestions for Axe-Fx III

MatchFive

Could you give me some suggestions for a good rack for the Axe III? I plan to only have the Axe III in it by itself, but I want it to provide some protection if I take the unit out somewhere to record or play. It would be nice if it had ends that could possibly be latched on the front / back for additional protection during travel.

Could you give me some suggestions for a good rack for the Axe III? I plan to only have the Axe III in it by itself, but I want it to provide some protection if I take the unit out somewhere to record or play. It would be nice if it had ends that could possibly be latched on the front / back for additional protection during travel.

I have not gotten my III yet but when I do I'm planning on getting the SKB 1SKB R4S 4U after hearing a lot of people being happy with it from the community here.

I have a ton of SKB cases, but the recently discontinued ones with the aluminum valance, I'm sure the new ones are still good (though the handles look way less heavy duty and I'm not sure they still have replaceable nut clips if you manage to strip the holes).

Anyway, the way they measure them can be confusing, basically the shallow ones are 10.5 inches from front rail to back rail, but they also give you the measurement to the back of the rear lid (and I think from front lid to back lid), basically they're saying there's room in front for the rack handles, knobs, etc. and a bit of room in the back for wires if you're up to the rear rail with the unit you have mounted in the rack...

I'm not sure I've seen the exact dimensions of the III, but I know Cliff said it's around 10 inches deep so the shallow rack could work, but would be fairly tight in the back, personally, I'd go for the standard depth rack, more room is generally a good thing!

Hope that helps!

I have been using the same Gator rack for the Axe-FX for ten years. Still going strong. Great for around town. I would want something sturdier if I had to check it when flying. I had a
Gator bag that I used to carry on when they were two space.

Just realized my 4U deep rack cannot fit the cover over the Axe front handles.
Warning to some who thinks their rack for their II will fit their III.

Back
Top Bottom