Rack mounting my III today

rnjscooter

Experienced
Hey everyone. Hope you are all enjoying your III's! So, I tore my fly rig apart today and had some issues. 2 of the 3 screws holding the left rack ear were gone from my II. In the past my Furman lost a half dozen screws as well, so I have a Q..........

I am not gonna do anything to my III, but I am half racking my 2 Shure receivers, one for in-ears and one for guitar. I am thinking of using Lock-Tite on all the screws that attach brackets to the receivers. I just can't have those falling out in flight.

Anyone else do this?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

I use metal washers with rubber under them. The rubber protects the face of the device, and acts as a sort of flexible lock washer. No issues since. It looks like this:

https://goo.gl/images/Y2iYZZ

That’s just an example of what it looks like... you’d need the proper size for your screw.
I think the OP is talking about the screws that hold the ears on the Axe Fx, not the ones that hold the Axe Fx to the rack rails... But maybe I am wrong.

I say this since he said "2 of 3". There are only 2 screws on each side, so either 2 or 4 total.

I think the OP is talking about the screws that hold the ears on the Axe Fx, not the ones that hold the Axe Fx to the rack rails... But maybe I am wrong.

I say this since he said "2 of 3". There are only 2 screws on each side, so either 2 or 4 total.

That is correct, here is a pic of what I am referring to......

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 74

Totally missed the boat there... I need a Roseanne Roseannadanna “Never mind”

That is correct, here is a pic of what I am referring to......
In that case, as you were sir. Blue locktite it is.

Back
Top Bottom