Rack mounting and ventilation

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
Hi to everyone!
I want tmount my axefx3 into a rack case 3U. This case fit perfectly with axe3 but AxeFx3 has lateral holes for ventilation.
Mounting my axe3 in rack case there are problems if this holes will be closed? ..so, Can I close that holes?
Thanks.

(my rack case is very very perfectly fit... e there is no space on lateral sides)

There needs to be a little bit of space on the sides of the unit for air to flow in and out. I'm my SKB rack, there's about 3/8 inch (~10 mm) of space on each side. As long as those vents are not completely closed off and air can get in and out, it should be fine.

As long as it's not flush up against the sides of the unit completely closing off those side vents, it should be fine. My 3U SKB rack has those same bumps inside from the recessed handles and it still has about 10 mm of gap on each side for air to move.

Last edited:
That should be fine. You'll notice that the ventilation on the sides of the AxeFx are provided with additional clearance owing to the fact that the body of the unit is not a full 19 inches wide.

Yeah the rack ears typically are wider than the rails themselves on each side, so you should still have a bit of gap between the unit sides and the case sides.

One thing I noticed though is the Axe III's mounting holes are in the corners of the face plate, so it doesn't look like the mounting screw locations on that rack will line up unless you can change those mounting rails.

One thing I noticed though is the Axe III's mounting holes are in the corners of the face plate, so it doesn't look like the mounting screw locations on that rack will line up unless you can change those mounting rails.
Yes this case is fit for Kemper. It's only for example. The model for axe is identical but with different mounting holes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom