Rack Lid Storage

I use a homemade "web" of velcro to store my router in the rear lid of my mixer rack. Have been building a few more "holders" similar to what you linked to for cables and the like as well. Going with the ever faithful Dual Lock for mine, would shy away from double sided tape (just not strong enough IMO).

Do you just stick some velcro to some fabric to make a pouch is that kind of what you mean? I guess if you snap a photo, add it in. Awhile back I tried find some elastic mesh to make a pouch and could never find some the right size.

gator-cases-4u-extended-lid-with-storage-for-shallow-and-standard-racks-GCAGE-4L.jpg
Something like this would be awesome! To bad its for a gator 4u only.

Yeah, I'm experimenting with Dual Lock on the back of thin sports bags with zippers. I may actually sew the Dual Lock to the bag as well.

Check out the luggage and travel section many department stores (and Amazon ;) ). You can find tons of little zippered pouches just like that in all sorts of shapes and sizes for way cheaper. They are often called packing cubes or suitcase organizers.

Just be careful that you don't end up with a zipper or whatever rubbing up against your display screens when the lids are on. I would stick to the back cover for storage and leave the front one clear.

Check out the luggage and travel section many department stores (and Amazon ;) ). You can find tons of little zippered pouches just like that in all sorts of shapes and sizes for way cheaper.

Just be careful that you don't end up with a zipper or whatever rubbing up against your display screens when the lids are on. I would stick to the back cover for storage and leave the front one clear.
Good idea for searching! And yea I definitely only plan on rear storage.

Yeah learned that one the hard way. Used to stick my coiled guitar cable in the lid of my old rack rig and ended up with a nice cable sized rub mark on the screen of an old Boss processor I had years ago. Doh!

I did something similar....
Walmart had large nylon money carrying bags. They look like oversized soft mic cases.
I bolted it to a cover (using very large washers so it doesn't rip through the nylon).
Works awesome.

Yea I gotta find a bag like that. I'm thinking dual lock would be best maybe with some 2 part epoxy or something.

Back
Top Bottom