Rack gear lover bought a Axe FX3.

Captainsexy

Hello people! Yesterday I finally bought a Axe FX3 and it should be here later next week. As a lover of the classic Landau and Lukather sounds I needed a unit that does the stereo tri chorus and the insane delays.

I had a little rack with PCM70, DBX 160, Korg DL8000R and SPX, but those bad boys are getting old and fragile. So can’t wait to try the FX3!!

Everyone loves a nice big rack......

the amount of I/o on the Axe 3 makes it work great with other rack gear and a patchbay for an unbeatable combination of older and newer gear.

I love having the amazing huge reverbs of the Axe that are on par with eventide, lexicon etc, and then also my old lower bit rate vintage stuff like a midi verb 2.

what is really fun it hooking up a little 2 or 3 knob expression controller box for some real-time tweaking

Everyone loves a nice big rack......

the amount of I/o on the Axe 3 makes it work great with other rack gear and a patchbay for an unbeatable combination of older and newer gear.

I love having the amazing huge reverbs of the Axe that are on par with eventide, lexicon etc, and then also my old lower bit rate vintage stuff like a midi verb 2.

what is really fun it hooking up a little 2 or 3 knob expression controller box for some real-time tweaking

You can also assign reverb parameters to the perform page.

OP you're in for a treat.

You can also assign reverb parameters to the perform page.

OP you're in for a treat.

True, and the perform page is awesome, but..... you can only twist one knob at a time, opposed to having your hands on multiple expression knobs. Unless latest firmware changed this behavior. Also, you can’t really do a super wide sweep with the front panel knobs as they have that variable speed sensitivity thing going on, which is great for fine tuning, but not exactly as fast and smooth as turning a linear expression pot knob for things like freaking out on tape echo delay time or feedback

bit don’t get me wrong, still awesome to have 10 custom knobs on the front panel

Back
Top Bottom