Rack Case that looks like a guitar amp head?

pull75

Inspired
Does anyone know who makes a rack case that has the appearance of an amp head like a Marshall, Mesa etc.? I'm sure someone has posted something but it's kind of an oddball thing to search for.

^ I was going to say that looks like the Mission Engineering rack but I see they're the ones who make them for Mission - (Stage Craft Gear).

I had one made for me by Stage Craft Gear. Great build quality. I'd include a direct link but my noob account is limited. Just search by the name above.

Photo of mine attached:

That one is awesome. I was thinking about one exactly like that but was trying to figure out a way to incorporate the Matrix GT1000FX but still have the grille cloth.

That one is awesome. I was thinking about one exactly like that but was trying to figure out a way to incorporate the Matrix GT1000FX but still have the grille cloth.

Not certain, but they seem accommodating and would probably build a 5 or 6u to hold the Axe, Matrix, and grill cloth.

I have one for sale if you are interested. Its a 3U and tolexed like a Mesa. Brand new. Quality box. Can send pics and let you know who made it. Contact me. $100 shipped to you.

Last edited:
Hey,

Check out Splawn- I have seen racks from them in head shells. Really cool stuff and tons of options. They are listed in the cabs section.

Last edited:
I have one for sale if you are interested. Its a 3U and tolexed like a Mesa. Brand new. Quality box. Can send pics and let you know who made it. Contact me. $100 shipped to you.
I'm not sure what approach I'm going to take yet. If I can score a powered cab then I'll go this route. At the moment I have a power amp that hinders this decision. Thanks!

The depth of the AxefxII is what stopped me from going this route. And no front cover protection? I would want a front cover for mine, and by the time you fashion one, you have a rack case!

I had one made for me by Stage Craft Gear. Great build quality. I'd include a direct link but my noob account is limited. Just search by the name above.

Photo of mine attached:

Hey, what case did you get? I ordered a British Modern, but I'm wondering if the standard size is too deep. It's 24x20x12 and 20" seems excessive. The Axe and Mesa cab are both about 14" deep. Maybe I should ask them to make it about 15" or 16"?

Hey, what case did you get? I ordered a British Modern, but I'm wondering if the standard size is too deep. It's 24x20x12 and 20" seems excessive. The Axe and Mesa cab are both about 14" deep. Maybe I should ask them to make it about 15" or 16"?

Pretty sure I ordered just the American Standard because I didn't see much difference with the others and I requested black british grill cloth and white piping to look more like a Marshall.

You're right, it is pretty deep. It's got about 2 1/2" of breathing room in the rear. Been thinking it would have been nice to get front and rear latching covers but might just see about getting a canvas cover made at some point. Also, didn't order mine with handles and am planning to add myself one of these days.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your rig when it comes off the line.

Cool, thanks. I ordered mine with Black Taurus tolex which is apparently the Mesa-style, leather-looking stuff. I didn't order with the lower grille section because I was told it wouldn't fit over the Matrix amp. That's fine though, as I would want any such cover customized so as to allow me to access at least the power button, if not the level control knobs as well. Or t the very least to be hinged to allow easy access. I did send an email to see if they could make it a little shallower. I will definitely post a pic when I get it. :)

Back
Top Bottom