Rack bag

I noticed that the unit has no breathing port. How does it cool?
Anyway, I plan to buy a Gator rack bag and a Line 6 G90 wireless rack. I would normally be inclined to get a 4 space rack bag and leave 1 space for unit to breathe. Since there is no open port to allow the unit to cool, is there any reason to leave one open space or is it okay to buy a 3 space rack?

I bought the Gator 4 space rack bag as well... AxeFX II, Line 6 Wireless, and a Power conditioner. Works great... haven't had any overheating, and fits perfectly in the overhead compartment on an airliner, for flight gigs.

I have the three space and have ben gigging with it for over a year + 2 practices a week. No issues at all.

Is the rack full or 1 space empty? Is the bag shallow depth?

I use a furman power conditioner and the axe fx, so it's full. The depth I find to be perfect, there's about an inch between the back of the axe and the zipper flap. It should be said that the front flap has a wood panel inside it, but the back flap is just cloth. What I do is put my power supply for my liquid foot in the back, set the whole thing on an amp stand facing backwards so the power supply rests in a little pocket created from the back flap.

Edit: sometimes I forget what forum I'm in. All of the above info is related to the Axe FX Ultra. I plan on doing the same for the II once i get it dialed in for my needs. I just got it this week.

I use a furman power conditioner and the axe fx, so it's full. The depth I find to be perfect, there's about an inch between the back of the axe and the zipper flap. It should be said that the front flap has a wood panel inside it, but the back flap is just cloth. What I do is put my power supply for my liquid foot in the back, set the whole thing on an amp stand facing backwards so the power supply rests in a little pocket created from the back flap.

Edit: sometimes I forget what forum I'm in. All of the above info is related to the Axe FX Ultra. I plan on doing the same for the II once i get it dialed in for my needs. I just got it this week.

The axe-fx 2 is deeper so I think it may cause some issues with this rack bag, I can only find a shallow depth rack bag here in aus too.

There are issues, the AxeII is too deep, it does fit in the bag but the connectors are up against the back of the bag so if you give it a bump you are bumping the connectors and they are direct soldered to the main PC board. NOT GOOD. The whole point of the plywood in the bags is to take the knock instead of the contents. Yes its convenient, looks good and is great to carry around but there is a risk. kinda like life :)

Cheers S ( 0 )===:::

The Gator rack bag fits perfectly with the AxeFX II... the only thing I did was buy a right angled power cable off of ebay... the original power cable would not fit with the back flap closed. I do not keep any other cables attached to the Axe when gigging... do it all on site.... but your option would be to get all right angled connectors for your cables and you would be fine ( except for the Cat5 cable for the MFC-101 ).

The other 16" rack bags would give you more room, if you only play locally. They will not fit in an overhead on an airplane, if you do fly gigs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3ft-16AWG-R...ultDomain_0&hash=item20c48dc657#ht_737wt_1144

Just checked and the Axe II will absolutely fit in the Gator bag, but as mentioned, you would not be able to leave anything plugged in. Right angle connectors would even be pretty close as there's a little under an inch of room between the back of the Axe II and the cloth zip up. You won't even be able to leave it plugged into the power conditioner.

I own both the AxeFX II and a 4-space Gator rack back. You CAN most definitely zip up the back flap with a right angled power cable plugged in... it JUST fits...( i keep the power cable connected ) you will also be able to leave 1/4" right angle cable connected, but right angle XLR's might be questionable.

Just checked and the Axe II will absolutely fit in the Gator bag, but as mentioned, you would not be able to leave anything plugged in. Right angle connectors would even be pretty close as there's a little under an inch of room between the back of the Axe II and the cloth zip up. You won't even be able to leave it plugged into the power conditioner.

I noticed that the unit has no breathing port. How does it cool?
The Axe-FX only dissipates a few watts. It keeps cool by radiating heat from the case—no need for a "breather" hole.

As long as the air surrounding the Axe-FX is within the rated temperature range (32ºF to 122ºF), it'll run just fine.

Back
Top Bottom