Rack Bag

Jerry K.

Experienced
I am looking for a three or four space rack bag with plenty of depth for the Axe XL with the rear cables staying connected. Most of what I am seeing has a 14 of 15 inch depth. Is there anything you guys recommend with more depth?

Thanks!

If you're looking for a soft rack bag, I used this video when picking one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdQYaC3VEco

I ended up with a RoadRunner and it worked fine. A little flimsy, a molded case would be safer, but if you only use the bag to bring the afx to friends' houses it's not a bad bag.

I think they make the bags in 2U, 4U, or 6U.

Something like this, maybe? http://www.gatorcases.com/p/29155-476/gr-rackbag-4uw

Heck, suddenly I'm thinking that would be way nicer than the SKB roto-mold case I've been using. Not as protective or durable, but way easier to lug around...
This SKB Roto Rolling Rack is great. Light weight, sturdy, with front and rear rails. SKB Roto Rolling Rack Case | Musician's Friend
Finally, I added Rack Legs by Eureka sound. For live access OR Studio HERE RackLegs - EurekaSound!
Gives the Ax Fx A modern angled look on stage. Its a match made in Heaven. :encouragement:

I just leave the rear lid on mine and sit it on end.
I used to do that too.
I find the Rack Legs on the SKB Roto rolling rack, look so much cooler on stage, in between 2 CLR's, all pointing at the same angle or the CLR's on short stands!
BUT.. the real plus, is in the studio. When I play sitting down, it's parallel to my left or right hand, perpendicular to the mixing desk.
The Axe Fx is out of everyone's' way(horizontal space in the control room is ALWAYS limited) AND the angle is perfect for tweaking on the fly(the display is at a 45 degree angle). Very comfortable tweaking for hours if need be.
To have that kind improvement, visually, and functionality-wise(fits in the back of the case with a piece of memory foam in between them and the Axe Fx), for under 50 bucks, Just sayin':encouragement:

That's a great find. $60 for new 2U soft rack!!! I might buy their 4U version just to have a more portable solution again.

I use a Gator 2U standard rackbag. They have exactly the right depth for the Axe. Can recommend them; good quality and lightweight. They also come with a shoulder strap.

If you want to keep your cables connected at all time, I recommend getting a set of angled TRS and XLR adapters. There are also angled power cables.

5-15-to-C13-Left.jpg

Cool thing: with a rackback, you can fiddle all those cables out of the back without actually opening the zipper completely. Just make a small enough opening that the cables fit through.

However, I haven't had any luck with finding angled USB or Ethernet cables that fit my quality needs. Good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom