RACER X - Street Lethal - Full cover w/vocals (video)

You are a guitar god! I love listening to you as much as Lynch, Via, Gilbert, etc. Thanks for sharing your clips with us.

30 years ago Mike Varney from Shrapnel Records saw the potential in a skinny, young guitarist and produced his first album.
That guy's name was Paul Gilbert, and this was the first song on his first record (right after the intro "Frenzy").
If I had to choose one word to describe his playing on the first Racer X records, it would be FEROCIOUS. Sheer accuracy and intensity, his alternate picking still remains unmatched today in my book.

This sounds amazing!!! Mike Varney has been a good friend of mine for years. I am going to send this to him as I think he would really enjoy it. All your videos have been great. Keep up the good work.

Indeed, as everyone has already stated, this cover rocks!!! And yes, I share the same thought about Paul's alternate picking

As always, awesome! I'm not sure if you've seen this, but Paul tells the story about how he began working with Mike Varney.

Back
Top Bottom