RACER X - Street Lethal - Full cover w/vocals (video)

ProgressiveRocco

Power User
30 years ago Mike Varney from Shrapnel Records saw the potential in a skinny, young guitarist and produced his first album.
That guy's name was Paul Gilbert, and this was the first song on his first record (right after the intro "Frenzy").
If I had to choose one word to describe his playing on the first Racer X records, it would be FEROCIOUS. Sheer accuracy and intensity, his alternate picking still remains unmatched today in my book.

Dude!
That was awesome..
Such a fun time for music...I smile every time I hear a dude 'Go nuts' and shred..
Or hear a vocalist hit the notes!! (he is smashing it dude! Say thank you from me)
More IS more!!
Brilliant!

Bloody well done!!

Rocco with the chops, not very surprising! Man, that was a fu%ki^g hoot, as always! I dig that you use Chapman axes; that guy's got the goods on tone wood....

Thanks for sharing your chops with us!

Last edited:
Freakin awesome. Love all your covers. So glad this one was Racer X. Paul Gilbert is the man. I totally think you should do Gone Too Far as well

absolutely awesome! can we get a preset or at least, possibly share with us what's happening within your signal chain?

30 years ago Mike Varney from Shrapnel Records saw the potential in a skinny, young guitarist and produced his first album.
That guy's name was Paul Gilbert, and this was the first song on his first record (right after the intro "Frenzy").
If I had to choose one word to describe his playing on the first Racer X records, it would be FEROCIOUS. Sheer accuracy and intensity, his alternate picking still remains unmatched today in my book.

Damn it Rocco, you guys killed it!

I remember picking up this record and not knowing anything about the band ( as we did back in the good ol days), and buying it based alone on the Mike Varney " endorsement". Became an instant fan and have been ever since. There is some crazy technical shit in there Rocco - as usual you killed it. I always look forward to your videos and you inspire me to practice more ! Great great job here man - just can't say it enough.

Awesome! I actually got to see them play one of their last shows together in LA. They did all of that live!

Back
Top Bottom