RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it much easier to use the USB for power supply to the RAC. I have two RAC units in different racks. In one rack, I use the USB direct output on my Furman and, in my other rack, I use a USB power supply. You should be ok with any, but I pinched the one that came with a Sony camera for example. Just plug it into the back of the Furman and use the RAC supplied USB cable to the RAC. Works perfectly and avoids the need for clunky adapters and the like. Plus, your USB is always connected which makes firmware updates very easy.

This may have been mentioned here, but I haven't waded through all the pages and search didn't help. Does anyone know how to choose an x or y state for an individual block? There's a top level function "X/Y", but that appears to be global because there is no submenu to select a particular block with it. Love my RAC12 and feel I'm just scratching the surface of what it can do and how to configure it. It's already great for basic tone shaping and quick tweaks at gigs, but it's clear that the sky's the limit once I get used to the workflow it makes available.

Hey guys! Still loving my RAC-12; works great and looks cool too! :)

I want to bring an idea to the table: When I fire up my Axe FX, I always fire up my computer as well (Axe-edit, backing tracks, Reaper, interface control, etc...). Since my RAC12 is USB-powered from my computer, it is always on when my Axe FX is on - which is the way I want it.

I more often play than tweak my presets, so most of the time I will do the double click to put the RAC12 offline - to avoid possible Midi-funny business, as I use my MFC extensively when I play. (Same way as I pause my Axe-edit).

So - my question is - would it be possible to add a setting in Rac12edit where you can set the unit to go offline by default when powering up? Then I could double click to put it online for tweaking when required, which for me personally is more seldom than when I just play my presets without tweaking them. Maybe someone else feels the same?

RAC12 software 1.3.0 is released ! :)
Here is the changelog :
- Added offline startup option
- Added configurable knob acceleration factor
- Added Page colors : each page can have a different color
- AxeFX™ firmware 19.00beta1 compatibility

- Original values are displayed on the Zoom screen. The original value is the value a parameter had when the preset was recalled.
Please note that the originale value displayed for textual parameters is only the value the parameter had on current page recall.

As usual, just launch your RAC12Edit !

RAC12 software 1.3.0 is released ! :)
Here is the changelog :
- Added offline startup option
- Added configurable knob acceleration factor
- Added Page colors : each page can have a different color
- AxeFX™ firmware 19.00beta1 compatibility

- Original values are displayed on the Zoom screen. The original value is the value a parameter had when the preset was recalled.
Please note that the originale value displayed for textual parameters is only the value the parameter had on current page recall.

As usual, just launch your RAC12Edit !

Wow, that was fast! Thanks a lot! :)

I need your opinion.
As you may have seen in the latest update, the RAC12 now remembers the original value a parameter had before you change it.
That is very handy feature, but for now it only works for numerical values, not for textual ones (like amp types, cut on/off etc...).
This was only because of the RAM lack.

But there would be a way to win some memory : Remove the Compare/Fast Compare function.

What do you think ? Should i remove those functions ?

For me the display of numeric values is enough. When I just can grab a knob and can start to turn it without having to look at it's original value, that's an advantage for me. But I would not start to make big turns on something like amp type or tube type or alike, these are values where I take a look first and then I turn step by step anyway.

I really like Fast Compare function and want you to keep it.
I use the Fast Compare function alot, it is a fast way to A/B test changes without having to save as two preset and scroll between them. :)
The tuner function is also a great thing, very easy to see green/red light compared to tuner on the Axe display. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom