RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the samething without the RAC12 and tell me what happens ;)

Hi Al, so this is what happened; I switched on my 'rig' with the RAC12 connected, and weirdly the Axe defaulted to patch 143, (if I remember correctly), whereas every other time it defaulted to patch 15. I then disconnected the RAC12 and switched the Axe on and it went straight to patch 3, which was what I expected as this my main patch and was the patch selected when I last switched the Axe off. I reconnected the RAC12 and switched on; it went straight to patch 3. I just tried again and it came on at patch 15 again! Something weird is happening. Question should the RAC12 be switched on before or after the Axe has initialised or does it not matter which is switched on first?

Thanks

Tom

I've just received a couple of these and had the same problem. I installed the driver several times with no luck. Then I tried a different USB port and connected straight away. If you haven't tried that, it's worth a shot.

Good call. Ended up going through all the ports and the last one I tried finally worked.

Hi Al, so this is what happened; I switched on my 'rig' with the RAC12 connected, and weirdly the Axe defaulted to patch 143, (if I remember correctly), whereas every other time it defaulted to patch 15. I then disconnected the RAC12 and switched the Axe on and it went straight to patch 3, which was what I expected as this my main patch and was the patch selected when I last switched the Axe off. I reconnected the RAC12 and switched on; it went straight to patch 3. I just tried again and it came on at patch 15 again! Something weird is happening. Question should the RAC12 be switched on before or after the Axe has initialised or does it not matter which is switched on first?

Thanks

Tom
It does not matter ;)
Can you power-up the whole rig, and if the problem occurs, send me the log file (in RAC12Edit it's Ctrl+L command) ? thanks ;)
Send at support@fxunits.com ;)

Oh and btw, what foot controller do you use ? try to boot without it

Last edited:
I have just recently acquired two of these RAC12 devices. I'd programmed them the way I wanted and today, I loaded one into my main rack and also loaded up the latest firmware for the Axe Fx and have just spent the best afternoon I've ever had with the Axe FX, and I have been an Axe user for several years.

The knobs/switches on the RAC12 are what I have always been missing with the Axe FX and It was great to be able to interact with it like a real amp. That combined with 18.07 was just great fun and so much easier to get great tones for me. Love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 85
Correct, yes.

That way, I just pull the USB cable out so I can attach to my laptop without interfering with the rack. It's also a lot neater internally than using the power supply adapter.

Last edited:
Connections | LF12+ | Midi Solutions Quadra | other Midi Gear

Connection Question:

Ok so i know some of this has been covered but not sure i get it.....

I use Liquid foot 12+ to control
axe II
Tc helicon VL3
Onsong (via Ik multimedia irig midi)

this is done through Midi solutions Quadra thru.

ie LF12+ > Quadra in
Q1> Axe II
Q2>TC VL3
Q3> onsong
Q4 (empty)

In order to hook up rac 12 (quadra has bi direction capability)
do i run

LF12+ > Quadra >
Q1 > RAC 12 Merge > axe II in
Q2 > (return) from Axe II out
Q3 > TC VL3
Q4 > onsong

will this cause errors...

cheers
Dave

Just want to drop a little more praise for this; works great - tweaking is now a lot faster, easier and more fun than before. It has enabled me to dive a little deeper into the Axe FX, increasing my meagre understanding of it. BTW, love the new tuner functionality. Keep up the good work, guys! :)

Connection Question:

Ok so i know some of this has been covered but not sure i get it.....

I use Liquid foot 12+ to control
axe II
Tc helicon VL3
Onsong (via Ik multimedia irig midi)

this is done through Midi solutions Quadra thru.

ie LF12+ > Quadra in
Q1> Axe II
Q2>TC VL3
Q3> onsong
Q4 (empty)

In order to hook up rac 12 (quadra has bi direction capability)
do i run

LF12+ > Quadra >
Q1 > RAC 12 Merge > axe II in
Q2 > (return) from Axe II out
Q3 > TC VL3
Q4 > onsong

will this cause errors...

cheers
Dave

It should work

One tip to note. My power adapter wasn't working right when I got to a gig the other night. Don't know if it was it or me or? but didn't have time to deal. Had a tiny generic phone charger that I plugged the USB cable into and it powered right up and worked perfectly. I think I'll just use it ongoingly as the charger is smaller and more ergonomic in terms of fitting into my power conditioner.

Loved having the RAC12 at the gig. For my first basic try, I just used one page and changed 1-4 to be gain and volume for my 2 drive pedals. I was using a handful of new patches and having those controls allowed me to super quickly dial in just the right level and gain for all the patches and then save them. I was at a small place where my FRFR was carrying the house, so being able to tweak quickly made a huge difference in my sound, enjoyment and stress level. This is a very well-designed and thought out piece of gear and I look forward to getting it more deeply integrated into my rig. Between the RAC12 and the MFC I can get what and where I need very quickly on the fly.

posting a little love and some "gear p0rn" in this RAC12 thread.

NGD - Virgin RAC12 arrival this last week.
sZYBSC3.jpg

mounted into current rack, MIDI cable connected, powered up, everything works. niiiiiice.
h5CRvVo.jpg

I am LOVING this latest addition to my fractal rig. The RAC12 works awesome, allowing me to tone tweeze with sweet golden knobs.

Thank you boys, you've built a nice piece of kit. The RAC12 was the missing link for my Fractal Rig!!
AWWWWW YEAH!!!

mRo29NN.jpg

Hey Alex,
I don't know if it's already possible or if it already has been discussed here: Is there a way to see a parameters stored value when it's edited? It would be cool to have the stored value displayed too in the detail view when you turn a knob.

Hey Alex,
I don't know if it's already possible or if it already has been discussed here: Is there a way to see a parameters stored value when it's edited? It would be cool to have the stored value displayed too in the detail view when you turn a knob.
Good idea for a future update ;)

By the way, the version 1.2.1 is online, it adds firmware 18.08 full compatibility

Another happy RAC12 owner. This thing works perfectly right out of the box. I think Xitone and FXUnits need to cross advertise each other's products, because the Xitone 3U combo cab and the RAC12 seem like they were made for each other.

Just ordered the combo cab today, but I haven't gotten any bad advice from this forum yet, so I'd expect the Xitone to be top notch.

Anyone have a good source for a right angle midi cable for RAC12? 1 foot length would do it. I don't have room at the back of my rack for standard plugs.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom