RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quarter of an amp for 80 days straight out of a 9-volt battery? Those Badlands batteries must be mighty big. :)

Cold fusion 9V battery maybe? o_O

Oh, it would appear I misread Sebs current draw spec as .25mA instead of the actual .25A...damn those pesky decimal points....

ok so .08 days on my 9V contraption..... not so impressive.... I'll stick to my AC adapter then ;)

I searched this thread and didn't find anything, so don't kill me if this question has already been asked and answered...

Those of you in the USA who have bought the Rac12, what was your final cost including shipping, duty, taxes, etc.?
Depending on your location the shipment costs can vary, but for California by example the total cost is €376.60 (that is about $400 at today's rate) if you pay with your credit card, where you'll add local VAT (about 6% ?).

Last edited:
Anyone running Rac12Edit on a Mac? I can't seem to get the editor to connect to the Rac12. USB supplies power, just no ability in the editor to connect. Mac OSX 10.10.3.

Anyone running Rac12Edit on a Mac? I can't seem to get the editor to connect to the Rac12. USB supplies power, just no ability in the editor to connect. Mac OSX 10.10.3.

Yeah I'm on 10.10.3 as well and Rac12Edit connects to the Rac12 no problem.

You don't happen to be using a usb cable longer than 16 feet do you?

Yeah I'm on 10.10.3 as well and Rac12Edit connects to the Rac12 no problem.

You don't happen to be using a usb cable longer than 16 feet do you?

Using the cable that shipped with it. Support suggested trying it on a Windows machines. I am going to try it on my Windows laptop tonight. Maybe try another cable too. Plugged into USB the unit powers on and works with the AxeFX. I just can't get Edit to recognize it.

Yes, try another cable, another computer and maybe with the power adapter connected too. If that still does not work we'll take care of it ;)

I just got this a few days ago and had time to get it mounted/hook it up yesterday. I am pretty impressed with the responsiveness of the controls, I was thinking that there might be a little bit of lag but, it is damn snappy. Can hardly wait to start digging into it further. You guys did a great job.

It worked right out of the box but, the drivers are... well, a different story... looks like it is going to be a pain in the ass with windows.

-Nate

I've just received a couple of these and had the same problem. I installed the driver several times with no luck. Then I tried a different USB port and connected straight away. If you haven't tried that, it's worth a shot.

NGD (New Gear Day)
My RAC12 & accompanying MIDI cable arrived today. Beautiful looking device.
Racked it up, routed power, plugged in MIDI cable...
Powered up the rack.
Color LCD looks sharp!
"Hello AxeFx XL"
Nice touch.
No time to play today, but I spun dials and things worked like they should. Literally plugged the device in and it worked.
Props to Al & Seb. Top notch guys.

Pictures of the updated rig coming tomorrow.

Al, when I switch everything on with the RAC12 connected, my Axe FX always defaults to patch number 15. Obviously not a big problem but I am curious why or if this can be 'fixed'. Loving using the RAC12 btw, now the Axe really is like having all those amps to play with.

Thanks

Tom

Al, when I switch everything on with the RAC12 connected, my Axe FX always defaults to patch number 15. Obviously not a big problem but I am curious why or if this can be 'fixed'. Loving using the RAC12 btw, now the Axe really is like having all those amps to play with.

Thanks

Tom
Hi Tom,
The RAC12 is not responsible of this, it does not send anything on start ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom