RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I was actually not really interested until I saw the video. What a great product to go with the Axe! :) Pending price I might just get myself one of these.
Hey chucma, the price is already disclosed ;) It's 332€50 excluding VAT (that means 399€ VAT included in the EU), and we're shipping worldwide ;)
see more informations and waitlist here : fxunits.com - RAC12™

And the good news for everyone outside EU is the parity €/$ is lowering :)

Is there any chance of a future release of a pedal-sized controller with a few knobs? It would be awesome to have a few of those and be able to tweak effects from the pedal board.

This is technically possible but it will depend on the commercial success of the rac12 to allow us to invest in the development of a new product.
We are currently very focused on finalizing the details of the Rac12 because the first delivery approaches and we look forward to sharing with you this product. :)

Last edited:
Any interest in a tuner display function ?

Depends….
Can you have the tuner ON all the time without the need to hit the tuner over the Axe / MFC?

Can the tuner be a big colored font i.e. E running from red (b) to green (when it's tuned) to blue other ot color (#)? That way you can see it from a distance.

Can you make it a stable one?

I would love to see a tuner so I can take out the Korg DTR2000.

Depends….
Can you have the tuner ON all the time without the need to hit the tuner over the Axe / MFC?

Can the tuner be a big colored font i.e. E running from red (b) to green (when it's tuned) to blue other ot color (#)? That way you can see it from a distance.

Can you make it a stable one?

I would love to see a tuner so I can take out the Korg DTR2000.
You would not need to hit tuner button, just like in AxeEdit... But hit a tuner button on the RAC12.
For the display, everything is possibe...
What do you mean by "a stable one" ? Displaying tuner information on the RAC12 would only be displaying what the AxeFx sends, so if the AxeFx's tuner is not stable enough, it's an AxeFx improvement is needed...

What do you mean by "a stable one" ?
Not to be as jumpy as over the MFC.
Yes, it is depends on what the Axe sends….but if the screen resolution is high enough it will smooth the movement of the cursor (hope I explained myself well).

What do you mean by "a stable one" ?
Check out the newer Snark tuners. The designers put a lot of thought into finding the right combination of accuracy, stability, resolution, speed, ease of use and visibility for live use.

Check out the newer Snark tuners. The designers put a lot of thought into finding the right combination of accuracy, stability, resolution, speed, ease of use and visibility for live use.

There wouldn't be any guitar signal going through the RAC12, only MIDI. So it can't be a tuner out of itself. It will "only" be able to see/display/edit what comes down the midi channel and that does not include the raw guitar signal needed for a tuner.

Get an external tuner if you don't like the Axe Fx one.

Nice but no rack version.
I haven't find something that can beat the Korg DTR 1000 / 2000 in terms of quality, accuracy, weight, $$$, etc...
I use a DTR2000, it works perfect for me but if I can replace it with the RAC12 + tuner built in than… :)
I don’t want to go higher than my current 4U rack.

This looks amazing! I've been dreaming about something like this for a long time and it looks like you knocked it out of the park!

Just a small comment about the UI:

That's a small screen (definitely big enough) and your URL at the top of the screen is taking up a lot of space. As a user, I definitely wouldn't need to always be reminded of your URL. I believe you also put it on the front of rack unit itself. From a UI design perspective, get rid of everything you don't need - everything that is offering no value. Perhaps you can replace the URL with the name of the amp you're using? It looks like the patch name is on the bottom of the screen. I would get rid of your company URL, put the patch name at the top, followed by the amp name, and then keep everything else you have.

Just my 2 cents. Again, this looks amazing!

EDIT:
I would even remove your domain from the front of the unit just to keep the design clean. I just googled rac12 and you came up #2 (this forum was #1). Putting your URL on the unit isn't serving any value. Sorry for being presumptuous :) Again, amazing job. I want one :)

Last edited:
No problem with this,
The confusion comes just that I named my preset demo "fxunits.com" for this video, but you will still see the name of the current preset on the screen here ...
I hope to count you among our waiting list soon

Mes amis,
j'ai une question.
Will such improvenents like the introduction of G3 modeling and alike be a problem for the rack controller? I guess as long as the parameters available don't change there isn't even an update necessary for the controller...but this time it seems we get some new parameters and some old ones get deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom