RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is good news. I was actually discussing with a custom builder (pedals and stuff) to make me a 2 channel EQ to control the sound onstage. The funny thing is, that this would have cost me about as much as this thing will.

Fan-fuckin-tastic.
I'd love a clean front plate, but I'll take anything :)

How practical/feasible would it be for a rev.2 of the product to have some motorized marked knobs? When switching preset, the knobs would automatically recall the position of say preset. That would give instant vision of what the settings are just by looking at the knobs. Is that a bad idea?
The price might well go up, but that might be an additional model, on top of the original offering?

After last nights gig, I was reminded about weight issues for my rack. It's already heavy enough.

You may have already addressed the weight of the RAC12, but would you mind giving us the weight in pounds (lbs)?
I'm hoping that I can afford the unit weight in my rig.

How practical/feasible would it be for a rev.2 of the product to have some motorized marked knobs? When switching preset, the knobs would automatically recall the position of say preset.
That's a slick idea, but I think the Axe-Fx has proved that you don't need motorized knobs to recall parameter values. :)

Besides, if you had marked knobs, you'd only be able to rotate them through about 3/4 of a turn. It would be impossible to dial in some parameters accurately. And who wants to wait for knobs to stop spinning before your preset comes up?

Last edited:
I totally get the weight thing. Another five pounds can feel like fifty. But with the weight of a faceplate, a circuit board, connectors and buttons, and a reasonably sturdy case, it's mighty hard to get under five.

I hope you don't mind me asking... what do you consider as heavy for a rack?
I've got a 6HE and it was around 38kg (+-83lbs). Then I put nice wheels on it (unfortunately not bluewheels because I was a cheap bastard) and suddenly it becomes my wagon to carry my cab, my basses, my box with the foot controller, all the mics, some cables...

Wheels are the solution.

I hope you don't mind me asking... what do you consider as heavy for a rack?

If you need to fly with it, anything is heavy. Weight = $, especially in countries outside the US where you can't take a small elephant as carry on. :lol

If you're rolling a trailer full of gear into a venue and it's all on casters, you probably won't even notice an extra 2kg!

Wheels are nice when you can use them. But if you have to deal with stairs, those wheels are just extra weight. :)

Reactions: npx
Wheels are nice when you can use them. But if you have to deal with stairs, those wheels are just extra weight. :)

Correct. I'm dealing with stairs.
A few flights of stairs to my vehicle. At most gigs I can use me cart.
Some gigs have more stairs.
Even the CLR's are heavy. I'm using three (3).
I'm using a 6-space rack loaded with power conditioner, G90 wireless, AxeFx & VAFAM panel.
It's not unmanageable heavy, yet.
Now I'm considering the add of an extra 5 lbs with an RAC12.

I'm doing some soul searching for how to lighten my load, or feck it.

This is top notch Pro stuff here. You guys have created a real product worthy to be paired with my AXE. I think it would be awesome if FAS approached you guys to make this an official product. Either way I'm on board !

Hi all,
Here is another video of the RAC12 and RAC12Edit, focusing on pages functionality.
The RAC12 embeds 16 sets of parameters we call Pages.
Each page is a set of 12 knobs configurations and 12 switches actions choices.
A page can be recalled directly on the RAC12. It's fast and allows you to control every block in the AxeFx.
In each page we have also included a functionality called Global Knobs. A global knob is a knob that acts identically across every page. This can be very useful for accessing the level of your preset by example.
Each page and each knob/switch function is fully user-configurable with the RAC12Edit, a free program presented in this video.

Also "global switch"? So, as example "global knobs" to all the main AMP setting parameters and for those knobs also "global switches" for Bright / SAT / FAT, etc... ?!

[EDIT] ok, forget my question, i see them in the video ... :) Perfect! Well done guys! Well done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom