RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum user sebastos08 and i are working on a 1U rack controler dedicated to the AxeFX II or XL.

It's been designed and successfully tested for 3 months now and is now reaching the industrialization/production stage.
It should be available for a worldwide release during the first quarter of 2015.

I can't say a lot on its functionalities for now but here's what i can say :
- It has 12 encoders.
- It allows you to control the most important Amp block parameters.
- 4 encoders are dedicated to custom parameters, programmable via a PC/Mac software.
- Its firmware can be updated via USB.

Stay tuned for news and more informations.

Waiting list available "soon" ;)

Wow Al, you never fail to amaze ! I am guessing this is the thing that you have been working on that you couldn't mention in your software post. Awesome software, worth every cent and now the missing piece of the puzzle. Cant wait Sign me up !

This is huge. My Roland GP-100's spoiled me for knob control; there's nothing like being able to dial in your tone with a couple of quick turns of a few knobs. And you have a solid history of producing lightweight, easy-to-use Axe accessories that are extremely useful.

I'm excited to see where his goes.

Here are some things i can disclose :
- The final name has been changed and is nomore amp12k, but i can't say more for now ;)
- 16 different pages of parameters can be chosen from the rack
- User can choose to have fixed parameters on specific knobs
- Current page can be mapped and automatically selected when changing axefx's preset.

And more to be disclosed... Soon ;)

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

12 LED-endless-encoders? 16 pages?

hmmm ...

Page1 to 16 (fixed dedicated parameters / one knob - one function behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!):
AMP:
1Drive (nrm Drive)
2Overdrive (hi drive or nothing)
3B
4M
5T
6P
7Master
8Level

Page1
9 Dly mix (or Input)
10 Dly time
11Reverb Mix
12 Reverb time

Page2
9 Dly Mix (or Input)
10Dly time
11Dly feedback
12Dly Modulation (Depth)

Page3 ....

Something like Axe-Edit in Hardware. Dedicated "Pause" knob - like in Axe-Edit ... (if needed as in Axe-Edit)

This would be awesome ...

12 LED-endless-encoders? 16 pages?

hmmm ...

Page1 to 16 (fixed dedicated parameters / one knob - one function behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!!):
AMP:
1Drive (nrm Drive)
2Overdrive (hi drive or nothing)
3B
4M
5T
6P
7Master
8Level

Page1
9 Dly mix (or Input)
10 Dly time
11Reverb Mix
12 Reverb time

Page2
9 Dly Mix (or Input)
10Dly time
11Dly feedback
12Dly Modulation (Depth)

Page3 ....

Something like Axe-Edit in Hardware. Dedicated "Pause" knob - like in Axe-Edit ... (if needed as in Axe-Edit)

This would be awesome ...

This is a typical setup ;)

This is a typical setup ;)

Axecellent. I want this thing so bad! :) Don`t forget to bring direct access possibilities for AMP1/2/X/Y to the table ... when thinking more ... i see, how complicated the User Interface design will be:

"direct access & overview / one-knob-one function" vs. "flexibility to adress personal preferences"

Biggest challenge for the project i think... wish you all the best luck!

Last edited:
Put me right on top of the waiting list for this bad boy. I'm IN! (assuming the price is anywhere near reasonable, which I'm sure it will be.)

Hmm... something in my rack is going to have to go to make space for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom