RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks particularly useful, well done guys. I nearly ended up steering towards a Kemper because of the "amp controls" aspect of the front panel, but this should solve all that :)

Any chance it has extra expression pedal/switch inputs on the back? Would imagine that could help out many people who haven't gone the MFC route, considering the AFXII only has one pedal input...

It'd be cool if it had support for an external controller like the Behringer BCR2000 (which is just a box of programmable encoders and some switches) - you could have all the knobs you ever wanted readily available with something smart enough to talk to the Axe-FX and a standard MIDI/USB hardware controller.

This would be really cool.
Any chance it has extra expression pedal/switch inputs on the back? Would imagine that could help out many people who haven't gone the MFC route, considering the AFXII only has one pedal input...

I always assumed this was not possible for some (hardware) reason.
Good to see I was wrong. :)
Very cool if you guys succeed in manufacturing it.

So let's take a guess .... ;-)

1 Drive
2 Overdrive
3 Bass
4 Middle
5 Treble
6 Presence
7 Depth
8 Master
9 (Level)
10 ..
11 ...
12 ...

It seems to me if Fractal can't do this themselves because they don't have time then I think they need to hire more people. Maybe FAS should hire these guy who are developing this product.

1 Drive
2 Bass
3 Middle
4 Treble
5 Presence
6 Depth
7 Master
8 (Level)
9 user1 + user switch
10 user2 + user switch
11 user3 + user switch
12 user4 + user switch

So all 12 will be programmable maybe in a future free upgrade...

13: Save button (maybe as simple as just sending the commands for -1dB and +1dB together).

Just a thought... I wonder if this unit will have enough memory to handle more than one preset.

Preset 1 = Amp 1 Basic Params
Preset 2 = Amp 1 Graphic EQ
Preset 3 = Amp 1 Advanced Params
Preset 4 = Drive 1 Params
etc.

I would love if it would change presets along with the Axe-FX so that each Axe-FX/AMP12K preset would have user customized controls per preset. And each encoder would have a programmable colored LCD screen to keep it all sorted out.

Great that it will work with the MFC as that will be important, for me anyway. If it uses Sysex though, will you have the same issues that affect the use of Axe Edit and the MFC at the same time?

^ This. That is what I am worried about. What effect will it have on CPU, or glitches?

I'd think not much. Axe-Edit is a bit messy with the MFC when you change presets or scenes or turn individual FX on or off.
But if your only changing things like drive, bass, treble etc... and you'd likely be doing this between songs.... then it should probably not be a problem I'm guessing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom