R.I.P Terry Jones - Monty Phyton

I was reading a tribute that described Python as The Beatles of comedy. Sounds about right. They rewrote the book on funny. Couldn’t get enough of them as a kid. RIP.
Both figuratively and literally.........If you have not seen or heard the Rutles, it is a cuttingly loving spoof /tribute to the Fabs, and of course they were all close friends, especially Eric Idle the also recenty dead Neil Innes and George, Who produced it..........( dont know if Terry was actively involved with the project)
Terry was a stone genius....scary dementia strikes the best minds...

Monty Python was a major influence in my early life.

I grew up in a small town in Utah and my family were one of the only non Mormons.

I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing on PBS in Utah. It felt like Radio Free Europe being snuck past the Iron Curtain.

Monty Python taught me to not take myself seriously and to laugh at the absurdities of life.

Hope he is naked and playing his Hammond organ in the sky.

Last edited:
Always loved Monty Python and all the members...I always used them as a barometer as to how well I could get along with someone. People either loved em or didn't get it at all. If ya got it, we could be good friends and if ya didn't get it, well, I guess you could be my wife.:rolleyes:

John Cleese's tribute was beautiful and hilarious.

“It feels strange that a man of so many talents and such endless enthusiasm, should have faded so gently away,” Cleese wrote. “Of his many achievements, for me the greatest gift he gave us all was his direction of ‘Life of Brian.’ Perfection. Two down, four to go.”

Always loved Monty Python and all the members...I always used them as a barometer as to how well I could get along with someone. People either loved em or didn't get it at all. If ya got it, we could be good friends and if ya didn't get it, well, I guess you could be my wife.:rolleyes:
Whenever my band auditioned new members, if there was any potential of them getting the position at all, we always asked: what's your favorite Monty Python sketch?

If they couldn't answer it then it was a deal breaker. Except with female singers... Who pretty never had any familiarity.

Whenever my band auditioned new members, if there was any potential of them getting the position at all, we always asked: what's your favorite Monty Python sketch?

If they couldn't answer it then it was a deal breaker. Except with female singers... Who pretty never had any familiarity.
Yes...the comedic equivalent of Rush!

My dad was a huge Monty Python fan so I saw all their stuff growing up. I had to break the news to him. Of course his favorite bands growing up were Rush and Steely Dan so I've had to break all kinds of bad news to him lately.

Brilliant comedy. RIP.

Back
Top Bottom