R.I.P Terry Jones - Monty Phyton

RIP Terry, you've been a big influence on me for most of my life. Ugh, what a month. First Neil and now Terry. Two key figures in who I am today. I've been submerged in Rush for the past few weeks, looks like I'm breaking out the Monty box set here soon. "And now lad, all this is yours." "What, the curtains?"

Monty Python transformed my life in high school, and beyond -- I was on track team and the only one running the 440 meters, a brutal race where you're almost sprinting the entire time. I always placed 3rd place behind two really fast, super tall dudes with huge strides that I'd never catch -- and before the pack which grew faster each week. It was hell. The day I spotted a track shoe from the pack in my peripheral I thought, "what is the point of all this?"

When I discovered I could trade that 3rd place torture for 3rd place or better on the speech team doing Monty Python sketches and traveling and flirting with the cute/nerdy girls in school (way more fun than the others)...well...that was a no-brainer. That experience was one of the things that contributed to eventually performing for a living.

Forever grateful to Terry and the Circus.

Last edited:
Monty Python transformed my life in high school, and beyond -- I was on track team and the only one running the 440 meters, a brutal race where you're almost sprinting the entire time. I always placed 3rd place between two super tall, fast dudes with huge strides that I would never catch, and the pack which grew faster each week. It was hell, and the day I saw a track shoe in my peripheral I thought, "what is the point of all this?"

When I discovered I could trade that 3rd place torture for 3rd place or better on the speech team doing Monty Python sketches and traveling and flirting with the cute/nerdy girls in school (way more fun than the others) -- well...that was a no-brainer. It's definitely one of the things that led to performing for a living.

I'll be forever grateful to Terry and the Circus.

Or as a track team running guy you could have participated in....

Back
Top Bottom