R.I.P Jani Lane

Did a show with them back in the late 80's right before they took off on MTV. He was very nice and fun to be around then. I guess the abuse finally caught up with him. RIP

Last edited:
I remember listening to Cherry Pie as a kid, and now I listen as an adult, and I think I may have slightly missed the meaning back then. :lol

Rest in piece dude.

I was about 12 years old in the mid 80's when the hair metal thing explode and begin to listen to this music. It brings me back good memories. Once in a while, on evenings when my wife is at work, I watch all these 80's video with nostalgy. So I was pretty shock when I learn the news of Jany's death! All my symphaty to his family!

Got to see Warrant dozen's of times in my Sunset Strip heyday (back when L.A. was fun).
Heard thru the grapevine here locally that it was a combo of vodka and sleeping pills.
Damn, he was only 47.

The best Jani story I know is him getting bl*wn on stage at the Roxy, mid-performance
before they got signed. Hundreds of people saw it happen, word spread pretty fast.
Supposedly that story is what convinced the A&R guys at Columbia that they 'had' to
sign Warrant. RIP. He lived a colorful life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom