R.I.P Harold Ramis

Fabio KTG

Fractal Fanatic
‘Ghostbusters’ star Harold Ramis has died, aged 69.

The Chicago Tribune is reporting the actor, writer and director, who helmed cult comedy classics including ‘Caddyshack’ and ‘Groundhog Day’, has died aged 69, following complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis.

However the Chicago-native was most famous for playing spook-catching scientist Egon Spengler in 1984 movie ‘Ghostbusters’, which he also wrote with co-star Dan Aykroyd.

Harold's wife, Erica Mann Ramis, said her husband had succumed to complications of autoimmune inflammatory vasculitis, a rare disease that involves swelling of the blood vessels, and that Ramis had battled the illness since May 2010.

The comedy great leaves behind a legacy of work, including: 'National Lampoon's Animal House', 'Meatballs', 'Stripes', 'Anaylse This' and 'Ghostbusters II'.

His final movie role was prehistoric comedy 'Year One', which he also wrote, directed and produced, in 2009.

This news sucks. In high school my cousin, who was like my brother, snapped the drive shaft on a 1969 Cadillac Hearse. My dad bought it from him to help him out. We (dad, cousin and me) decided to turn it into the Ghostbusters Hearse. Dropped a 1970 Cadillac engine and tranny in, painted, installed tanks and lights on top of roof along with very large stereo system. We did parades all over. It was a blast. RIP Egon.

My first real memory of satire was Stripes when I was probably too young to be watching it. He was the right guy at the right time.

One of my all time favorites. He was responsible for so many classics. I was looking forward to another Ghostbusters movie, even though it's been in development hell for years.

One of my all time favorites. He was responsible for so many classics. I was looking forward to another Ghostbusters movie, even though it's been in development hell for years.

Too bad. Heard Bill Murray held up it all because he wanted to come back as a ghost and they didn't want that. What an ass.

Dang very sad, ghostbusters is one of my all time favorite movies. Best wishes to his close friends and family.

Back
Top Bottom