R.I.P David Bowie - Passed away. A cool dude and then some.

A brilliant human being and he sure knew how to pick the great guitarists to work with. From Mick Ronson, Stevie Ray to David Torn and Adrian Belew -David Bowie brought many a guitar talent out into a wider audience. X forever missed

Fame, makes a man take things over
Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow
Fame, puts you there where things are hollow

He shall be missed.

2016 should just be the year we cure cancer... Nuff said

He certainly did not lead a boring life thats for sure.

here is too the blackstar !
thanks for the great music.

I really don't know of many similar artists that managed to sell avant-garde music for the commercial market. Such as selling singles with non-pentatonic dis-harmonic guitar solos (Boys Keep Swinging.) Sad, sad.

Last edited:
RIP. I specially love what he did with Reeves Gabrels, and more specifically "Earthling". There was a show broadcast on a French TV channel in the nineties that was epic, I've been searching for that since but never found it…

I was at a party in a restaurant in the late 1980s with some friends. My buddy and I went and found the bathroom. We were talking to Chris Squire of Yes when David Bowie walked in. He looked around.

"I thought this was the men's room."

"It is."

"Then why aren't there any women in it?"

He was at that party with Iman. What a couple they made. When they left he had a supermodel on each arm and she followed him out shaking her head.

Not the locale I would necessarily want to meet two of musical heroes, but holy monkey, Chris Squire and David Bowie? You clearly have run in more hip circles than me for a long time...

I only had the pleasure of seeing Bowie perform live once...during his Diamond Dogs tour. He never played it safe by hanging onto past successes. I saw a message in the news that was posted by a mourner, which said it all – he (Bowie) was a work of art.

Back
Top Bottom