R.I.P Burt Bacharach

As I got older I would go to look at the credits for this great classic song or another and so many times it would be written by Burt Bacharach. And of course can’t forget Hal David.
RIP Mr. Bacharach

Attended a show of his in the early 2000s - 2+ hours of classic songs he wrote / co-wrote - entertaining, amazing - the show was like a continuous songbook of tunes I recognized all the way back to the mid 60s. - he had a hand in writing a ton of hits including this fav of mine (theme from an also fav movie):

RIP

Last edited:
I thought I would post this because this song takes me back to my childhood when I had not a real care in the world. I remember begging my mom to buy me the BJ Thomas album. The way Burt Bacharach arranged the horns in most the songs is a signature style.

I also love the Isaac Hayes version of Walk On By!

This is a cool scene with the great Paul Newman

I thought I would post this because this song takes me back to my childhood when I had not a real care in the world. I remember begging my mom to buy me the BJ Thomas album. The way Burt Bacharach arranged the horns in most the songs is a signature style.

I also love the Isaac Hayes version of Walk On By!

This is a cool scene with the great Paul Newman

I saw Isaac perform that on American Bandstand back in the day. My favorite version is by Melissa Manchester.

I didn’t know how many great songs BB wrote until recently.

I learned this solo years ago, and I was playing it one time in between lessons and another teacher stuck his head in and said, “you’re playing Burt Bacharach?”

I was like, “….”

Back
Top Bottom