Quilter Labs MicroPro Mach 2 12" HD 200-watt Combo Amp

200man

Power User
For a traditional jazz archtop guitar rig i was looking at this amp, wondering what you folks thought. I was thinking this and an fm3 would be light, reliable and simple. I could even just use the amp alone as well. I’ve looked at a ton of options and I keep coming back to this amp. There is a non hd model for 200 less that weighs 3 lbs more, but at 27 instead of 24 that’s fairly moot. I can’t find any difference other than that and I haven’t heard either of the speakers to have an opinion. I lugged around a fender twin forever so this will be a big change. Opinions, experiences? There’s lots of little things that pile up with this amp that make sense, but never owned or heard one in person. thanks in advance for any insight...cheers!

You want an FRFR speaker, not a guitar combo. I had a Quilter head and a separate 1x12 cab - nice lightweight rig, not voiced for jazz at all. Get a Yamaha or QSC 8-inch or 10-inch 2-way powered PA speaker. The FM3 has all the tools you will need to dial in a tone.

I don’t know, I‘ve got great frfr speakers...
This gentleman is a very good player and he’s done several videos with this combo setup and it sounds wonderful:

You said you didn’t have the combo, but you had a speaker cabinet. What cabinet and what quilter model did you use? Thanks for replying!

Back
Top Bottom