Quickest way to get up to speed?

bulgmaf

Inspired
Can anyone give me a 5 cent synopsis of what's been happening since March '13? I've been out of the loop since then, and don't really have the time to read all the threads to get up to speed. The last I remember, fw version 10 and the new Axe-Edit was just coming out. I haven't updated those yet. Any glitches with those? Any new equipment or firmware news?

Anyone willing to briefly hit the highlights for me?

Much appreciated!

Can anyone give me a 5 cent synopsis of what's been happening since March '13? I've been out of the loop since then, and don't really have the time to read all the threads to get up to speed. The last I remember, fw version 10 and the new Axe-Edit was just coming out. I haven't updated those yet. Any glitches with those? Any new equipment or firmware news?

Anyone willing to briefly hit the highlights for me?

Much appreciated!

Firmware 11.03 is out and working great. Much easier to plug and play in my opinion. More amps, jumpered amps etc. Read all release notes, pretty big changes since 10
Axe Edit is up and running well, more stuff is coming but working great so far.
New MFC firmware, New Driver.

Get one or both of Ownhammer's new IR Mix Libraries. The Vintage is awesome and everyone raves about the Modern as well. That will be my next purchase, these and the factory IR mixes, and 2 Producer Packs of IR's have been game changers.
Read reviews on forum.

I would download Cab Manager, search forum. It's free, but donate to cause, been extremely helpful to manage all the new IR options.

That's about $.05 worth of info, lol. Think you'll be very impressed with what's going on.
Have Fun!!

Sent from my iPhone

Thought about reading up on release notes. Where do I find? Fractal website, or forum? Also, what is Fractal Bot? Does it replace something else?

Thanks!

Thought about reading up on release notes. Where do I find? Fractal website, or forum? Also, what is Fractal Bot? Does it replace something else?

Thanks!

Release notes are in FW .zip file.
Fractal Bot is awesome! You can use it to load new FW, Preset, User Cabs etc. and to update MFC. Works better than AE did for a lot of stuff. Very easy to use, just connect USB, launch Fractal Bot, and it will ask if you're updating MFC or Axe and will show you connection. Pretty self explanatory after you launch it.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom