Quick Videoclip with Axe FX Standard ( Energyball )

nice crushing tone!
what cab did you use for that?

Thanks !

I used fearedse Custom IR #1.
It's pretty similar to CALI 4x12, which is my favored cab in Axe FX.

Very Nice tone Omrat, what axe and pick ups are you using

Paul

Thanks Paul !

It's a custom 7 string guitar built by Jaden Rose from UK. It has Swamp Ash body ( + flamed maple top ) and Dimarzio Crunch Lab 7 (bridge) and LiquiFire 7 (neck) pickups.

really nice

Thanks man !

All Best,
Omrat

Could you post settings please?
I had an engl 670se and loved it and can't dial in the engl on the axe, just harsh and brittle for me. I have tried high cut low cut and para eq and just cant get it smooth and liquidy.

Nicely done!!!!

Thanks !

Could you post settings please?
I had an engl 670se and loved it and can't dial in the engl on the axe, just harsh and brittle for me. I have tried high cut low cut and para eq and just cant get it smooth and liquidy.

Yes, why not.
This presest is for direct recording and I think You may need to tweak it for Your taste. There's so many other factors like guitar, pickups, tuning, playing style, recording method and so on. Allso, I'm playing my Axe through the headphones right now so I have no idea how the presest sounds with decent studiomonitors :)

All Best,
Omrat

Attachments

• 001 - ENGL POWERBALL.syx
    2 KB · Views: 35
Thanks !

Yes, why not.
This presest is for direct recording and I think You may need to tweak it for Your taste. There's so many other factors like guitar, pickups, tuning, playing style, recording method and so on. Allso, I'm playing my Axe through the headphones right now so I have no idea how the presest sounds with decent studiomonitors :)

All Best,
Omrat
Thanks, sometimes it helps as a starting point for a preset and it worked for me here. I went with a blocking para eq instead of filter, and used amp boost instead of ts808, I am not done yet but on the right track for sure.

Awesome!!

Mark

Thanks !

BTW Mark, I really enjoy Your Youtube channel !

Thanks, sometimes it helps as a starting point for a preset and it worked for me here. I went with a blocking para eq instead of filter, and used amp boost instead of ts808, I am not done yet but on the right track for sure.

Ok, Cool !

Can you take the backing track out so just the Ultra track can be heard. If not, I could care less, but it's really hard to hear the actual guitar track 100% to tell how it sounds.

I'm not fallowing You here - there is no backingtrack. Guitars in the mix are quadtracked with Energyball preset. I just pushed "Record" button of my camera while tracking the guitars and then synced captured material with final mix. All You hear ( I mean guitars ), is Axe FX Standard. I can remove bass, synth and drums from mix, but what's the point ?

All Best,
Omrat

Back
Top Bottom