Quick Thoughts on 10

youngmic

Inspired
Upgraded this weekend. Over-wrote my old presets and am starting from scratch. A little jarring at first as everything seems brighter. However, with a little tweaking that soon gives way to the realization that things are indeed better than ever. Won't reiterate all the superlatives and exclamations coming out of the forum. I'll just agree. FW10 is a beautiful thing. Haven't even scratched the surface, but AC15, Plexi, Friedman, ODS, Dirty Shirley (wow)...

And Axe Edit - yeah, buggy. But so what. It works.

One observation is that I'm hearing a lot of pops/click from USB. Not sure what to make of this. I've seen threads on this come and go. I'm running all the latest drivers and OS version (mac). Did I miss a fix?

Anyway...I'm happy...very happy. I love this box.

Thanks Cliff.

Mike

Cool. Thanks. Played for a while last night. Still dialing things in but am constantly slowed down with preoccupation with how good each amp sounds.

I Also have problems with Mac Drivers... I decided to use a MOTU Firewire Interface instead because of these Clics and Pops.

Upgraded this weekend. Over-wrote my old presets and am starting from scratch. A little jarring at first as everything seems brighter. However, with a little tweaking that soon gives way to the realization that things are indeed better than ever. Won't reiterate all the superlatives and exclamations coming out of the forum. I'll just agree. FW10 is a beautiful thing. Haven't even scratched the surface, but AC15, Plexi, Friedman, ODS, Dirty Shirley (wow)...

And Axe Edit - yeah, buggy. But so what. It works.

One observation is that I'm hearing a lot of pops/click from USB. Not sure what to make of this. I've seen threads on this come and go. I'm running all the latest drivers and OS version (mac). Did I miss a fix?

Anyway...I'm happy...very happy. I love this box.

Thanks Cliff.

Mike

If you are using LOGIC recording software, I get fewer pops and clicks by making my project a 48K sampling, instead of the default 44.1k.

Back
Top Bottom