[implemented] Quick switching time

Jandrezedouard

Inspired
I always notice a short drop out when I switch scenes; moreover if I switch scenes with different amp blocks. I do not notice it with my Axe Fx... Hope they know that problem... To me that could be a problem during live.

the Axe3 (and most other FAS products) had a similar gap, but was updated a while ago to eliminate that.

it was stated that the FM3 will have its Scene switching time made as fast as possible in a future update.

as with a lot of other gear, sometimes changes need to be made slightly before the downbeat or whenever you want to change. i've experienced this with real amps, TC products, Line 6 products, Boss products, etc. "instant switching" doesn't happen on a lot of gear out there :)

the way the touring pros would battle this is to have multiple amps, each set to a specific channel that never changes, or multiple effects units, etc. and just change the audio path with a line switcher. of course on the Axe3 we can see it's possible, and i'm sure an update in the future will make it as fast as possible.

I hope they’ll update it to be as fast as my Axe3. I firstly thought it was because of the CPU usage but removing blocks didn’t solve my problem. That would be great because the Fm3 can handle 95% of my Axe’s favorite presets... But not wihout a Little gap between scenes 😊

We’ll see 😊 but I’m sure FAS team can make it quicker, they’re the best 😎

I always notice a short drop out when I switch scenes; moreover if I switch scenes with different amp blocks. I do not notice it with my Axe Fx... Hope they know that problem... To me that could be a problem during live.
Following this thread..the scene switching lag is not going to work for my live playing. A friend sent me clips of his Kemper and Helix...neither had a lag when switching from one amp to another. If you find a fix for the FM3, please share

Following this thread..the scene switching lag is not going to work for my live playing. A friend sent me clips of his Kemper and Helix...neither had a lag when switching from one amp to another. If you find a fix for the FM3, please share
Until the faster switching is implemented, you may use a scene controller set as modifier for the input trim. Combined with a PEQ for taste and, if necessary, to boost the signal, you can work around the gap. I used this to work around the gap in my AX8 prior to Quantum 10.

Iirc, the kemper has the option to "blend" from one profile to another, but since the modeling uses a different principle, this cannot be easily done with the FM3. Since the gap is negligible in the Axe-FX III, I assume that you won't have an issue in future updates.

I have the axe 3, the Kemper stage and just sold my helix. None of them got this lag, even the little Line 6 Stompbox in snapshot mode(!!!). As you say, it’s a problem for live playing... hope it will be solved soon. I really like the idea of this Fm3 but I need it Quick (no drop out) and Reliable (it freezes sometimes) for live use...

Following this thread.. the scene switching lag is a major setback for playing live. Hoping it will be solved in future firmware updates.

Until the faster switching is implemented, you may use a scene controller set as modifier for the input trim. Combined with a PEQ for taste and, if necessary, to boost the signal, you can work around the gap. I used this to work around the gap in my AX8 prior to Quantum 10.

Iirc, the kemper has the option to "blend" from one profile to another, but since the modeling uses a different principle, this cannot be easily done with the FM3. Since the gap is negligible in the Axe-FX III, I assume that you won't have an issue in future updates.
This is what I am doing now. Using modifiers to switch from clean to distortion. No lag, but yeah, zero-latency scene/ channel switching would be a killer feature.

Switch time improved a lot in the last firmware update (at least in my case as I don’t recall reading anybody about it). But of course seamless switching is always a good thing to desire

+1
I would love faster switching times. I've worked around this issue using controllers, but that limits the number of amp models I can use in a preset, which is very disappointing.

I'm actually quite satisfied with scene switching, but if one maxes out the CPU, the switching can become slower for some reason. The real amp and pedalboard have also some "pop", "click" or similar artifacts in the sound, which you don't have with the FM3. So I guess, it's not that bad as long as you keep your CPU usage at reasonable level :)

The switching is currently a deal breaker for me on the FM3. Shame because beyond that, this is a perfect unit for me. +1 to please prioritize fixing the preset and scene switching gap.

Back
Top Bottom