Quick speaker question thanks

kevrock

Experienced
If I sold my Marshall cab, and got some FR speakers I would be on a budget what are some good speakers pairs that will sound good to replace the cab. Thanks I just think from chatting with you guys I would benefit more from the cab sims if I had FR speakers. But I still like the look of a big cab its so rock n roll lol

send from Droid

I highly doubt your going to find anything that will fit that budget with your criteria. You may want to keep the 412 and look for a good power amp instead.

5 to 6 hundred but its gotta be as loud and "cool" as a 4/12 cab

send from Droid

Try this... meets your budget, and looks cool as hell:

coconut-amplifier-weird-different-speakers-amp-natural.jpg

kevrock, what is your current amplifier that you're using to power your 4x12 Marshall cabinet? Are you looking for Passive FR cabinets, or powered active FR cabinets?

No hiss, no experience with the other speaker. At their price they're KILLER! The only thing I don't like is the control panel on their back (which will be a problem when used at the front side of the stage, because anyone in the audience can reach it).

kevrock, what is your current amplifier that you're using to power your 4x12 Marshall cabinet? Are you looking for Passive FR cabinets, or powered active FR cabinets?

Engl powerball 2 and I'm looking for passive speaker

send from Droid

No hiss, no experience with the other speaker. At their price they're KILLER! The only thing I don't like is the control panel on their back (which will be a problem when used at the front side of the stage, because anyone in the audience can reach it).

Thank you very much!

Engl powerball 2 and I'm looking for passive speaker

send from Droid

This is strange... I don't think I've seen anyone else on here using a tube power amp into FRFR speakers. I guess it might be cool, but I feel like you either go the "colored" route (tube power amp and guitar cab) or try to keep it squeaky clean and open for the Axe-Fx to model everything (solid state power and FRFR speakers). Maybe I'm wrong and people are already doing this unbeknownst to me.

This is strange... I don't think I've seen anyone else on here using a tube power amp into FRFR speakers. I guess it might be cool, but I feel like you either go the "colored" route (tube power amp and guitar cab) or try to keep it squeaky clean and open for the Axe-Fx to model everything (solid state power and FRFR speakers). Maybe I'm wrong and people are already doing this unbeknownst to me.

OP is looking to go with an FR speaker but I don't think it is in conjunction with the Powerball head. For 5-6 hundy he will be hard pressed to find something that is going to be as "cool" as a 412 in an FR package. There is always RMC but I doubt he will be able to have one made for that kind of money and even then he will still need something to power it with.

i got an amp to power a passive FR its a qsc and im not using my engl for anything with the fractal. im gonna use the axe fx int o the qsc amp into a marshall cab or a FRFR passive speaker just wondering for 5 to 600 what FRFR passive speakers would give me good sound and volume thats all

thanks for the clarification. For a good sense of what is available in your price range, try

Shop Live Sound, PA Cabinets, Unpowered Cabinets | Sort by Price - Low to High | Musician's Friend

Unfortunately, most of the traditional "pro-sumer" products from names that we all recognize will start slightly higher than your budget currently allows (for a pair of 12" x horn), but there are other lower priced alternatives. Not sure if you'd be doing the Axe-Fx much justice with them, sonically speaking. Maybe look for used or go with your 4x12 Marshall for a while and save up and get something that is "tried and true" as recommended by other users on this forum. As for being "cool", well, that's in the eye of the beholder, isn't it?

i got an amp to power a passive FR its a qsc and im not using my engl for anything with the fractal. im gonna use the axe fx int o the qsc amp into a marshall cab or a FRFR passive speaker just wondering for 5 to 600 what FRFR passive speakers would give me good sound and volume thats all

Ok which QSC amp are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom