Quick question on noise

Simone

Hi,

a quick question. Is it normal that turning the bright on in a Recto Red it gets SO noisy? Gain is at about 7.
The problem is, in fact, it gets so noisy that as soon as your note/chord sustain starts fading, the noise overwhelms it :(
Do you guys also share this opinion, or am I maybe doing some blatant error without knowing?
Thanks

Simone

Not noisy at all here. Make sure you have the Master turned down. For an amp like the Recto you want the Master below 5.0, typically around 3-4. Also, make sure you are using the front input.

Thanks Cliff,

I very quickly gave it a try at ultralow volumes. Master was at 5.5, I turned it down to 3 and it seemed to cut most of the noise.
Still, I'll try tomorrow at louder volumes for the "overwhelming" noise, and let you know.
Ciao

FractalAudio said:
Not noisy at all here. Make sure you have the Master turned down. For an amp like the Recto you want the Master below 5.0, typically around 3-4. Also, make sure you are using the front input.
Ooooh, this sounds like the adjustment I need!

I've recently gone high gain with my band, and as I created new patches, the noise was overwhelming. I was setting the Master up high, to get a thick sound. But if I can get the same effect by tweaking the amp EQ, or adding an EQ block, I'll gladly trade that for reduced noise!

I'll try this and report back.

gag halfrunt said:
FractalAudio said:
Ooooh, this sounds like the adjustment I need!

I've recently gone high gain with my band, and as I created new patches, the noise was overwhelming. I was setting the Master up high, to get a thick sound. But if I can get the same effect by tweaking the amp EQ, or adding an EQ block, I'll gladly trade that for reduced noise!

I'll try this and report back.
Thanks Cliff, this did the trick! I'm back in the game now :D

Back
Top Bottom