Quick Question - Converting my OH IR's to UltraRes

webmaestro

Okay, I've put it off for far too long. So after much searching and whatnot (surprisingly little information out there on how to do this conversion), I've re-downloaded my Modern Speaker Collection from Ownhammer and have begun the process of converting them to UltraRes.

In general, the process seems straightforward enough, but I'm confused on which sampling rate I'm supposed to use for the source WAV files. When I open my WAV folder, I see the following subfolders:

44100-Hz_Mono
44100-Hz_Stereo
48000-Hz_Mono
48000-Hz_Stereo <-- my gut tells me to use this one
88200-Hz_Mono
88200-Hz_Stereo
96000-Hz_Mono
96000-Hz_Stereo
Truncated

Which do I use to conver to UltraRes?

Thanks in advance. Also, let me know if I'm totally going down the wrong path here.

Use 48000 Mono.

The truncated folder contains shorter IRs which probably don't make much sense to be converted to Ultra-Res.

Last edited:
OK, you are right. The files in the truncated folder are long enough for Ultra Res, but nevertheless the subfolders in the truncated folder look like this:

44100-Hz_Mono
44100-Hz_Stereo
48000-Hz_Mono
48000-Hz_Stereo
88200-Hz_Mono
88200-Hz_Stereo
96000-Hz_Mono
96000-Hz_Stereo

I would pick 48000 Hz Mono

I found an explanation from Ownhammer: "The ..\Wav\Truncated\.. folder contents are only in existence because S-Gear won't load files larger than 20,000 samples."

The truncated IRs are for use in a DAW. Don't use these to convert.

Uhh ... weird. My Ownhammer High Gain Essentials pack only has one folder with one type of .wav ... have I got the wrong version?

Back
Top Bottom