Quick question about Auto Engage with expression pedals?

guitarnerdswe

Fractal Fanatic
Hi!

Since I don't have my pedalboard at the same place as my Axe-FX, I can't try this myself. I was wondering, when you use auto engage, how fast does it turn off again when you stop moving the expression pedal?

Cheers!
Tony

if i'm not mistaken, there is a parameter that allows you to set the response time, which would translate to the off time.

if i'm not mistaken, there is a parameter that allows you to set the response time, which would translate to the off time.

Has anyone here used this feature to have an exp pedal act as a wah wah pedal? The auto-engage AND auto-disengage work smoothly and usefully?

You can set it at fast, medium and slow. I use mine as a wah with engage at medium. It is good. It turns on about as quick as i'd want it to, and turns off pretty good too. Sometimes, if i hold it in the off position a little too long it will disengage, but just have to be aware and not settle in the off position for too long. Fast was WAY to fast of a disengage for me.

I use auto engage; it's 'instant' on and I prefer medium off for most stuff, though for some funk clean type of stuff I prefer slow off.

i may have to play with the medium/fast setting. i usually set it to fast...the trouble i have is with my ernie ball pedals, see other thread about my setting issues, but i may be correcting that and may have to revisit that parameter

Back
Top Bottom