AFIII Quick Mix: Rate this Guitar Tone...

not an expert on dynamics by any means, but it sounds great to my ears and sits comfortably in the mix
Awesome thank you sir... for whatever reason I feel like this amp/cab shines best on single picked & articulated notes rather than full chords. It’s very snappy and responsive to play too.

I like it a lot! That's a great amp/cab combination whatever it was, it works really well with your guitar. What guitar did you use out of curiosity?

The way the 2 guitar tracks play off against each other panned left and right really widened up the sound stage for me through my desk studio monitors.

I like it a lot! That's a great amp/cab combination whatever it was, it works really well with your guitar. What guitar did you use out of curiosity?

The way the 2 guitar tracks play off against each other panned left and right really widened up the sound stage for me through my desk studio monitors.

Awesome thank you sir! I used PRS SE with Alpha/Omega pups... Amp is Recto Red Mod 2. Cab is a new one I just DL from Kristian Kohle’s IR pack, the Eminence DV-77 which I believe is Mick T’s custom speaker/IR... sounds great!

Awesome thank you sir! I used PRS SE with Alpha/Omega pups... Amp is Recto Red Mod 2. Cab is a new one I just DL from Kristian Kohle’s IR pack, the Eminence DV-77 which I believe is Mick T’s custom speaker/IR... sounds great!

Ah very cool, I have the same PRS SE (presumably you mean Holcomb)! Thanks for the info and look forward to hearing more mixes from you!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's too dark. I prefer more top end in my guitar tones. Talking presence freq up over 6k-12k sort of area.

Appreciate the feedback... now that you mention it, I may have been a lil too aggressive with my low pass on the post EQ in the DAW... I usually cut like 1-1.5 db in the 4K freq area cuz it’s just a painful hiss to my ear, and then I low passed at 7k. I’ll try letting it breathe on top more next time.

Back
Top Bottom