Quick Marshall JMP Preamp Vid

Inspired
Hey everyone,

I've been reading where folks are talking about how hard it is to dial up tones using the Axe-Fx II. This is just a quick little video showing how I dial up some JMP-1 tones. Not any advanced tweaking going on here -- pretty standard stuff, I think. I set up some scenes at the end, real simple stuff, but it shows how it easy it is to get good tones.

These tones are a little dirtier than I would normally shoot for, but it was fun anyway!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPP5w6AZi5U

Very cool dude, that was killer! I'm gonna go dial me in some JMP tones now! lol

Let's hear your take on some classic VH tone!

Very cool dude, that was killer! I'm gonna go dial me in some JMP tones now! lol

Let's hear your take on some classic VH tone!

LOL! It's funny you mention classic VH tones. I've been attempting to dial up some VHI sounds, but I just can't quite get it right. The VH tones are both brighter, yet at the same time warmer, than the ones that I'm getting. I can get 90% of the way there.

I'm on the road for work, but maybe I'll post my results so far when I get home this weekend.

I always loved the tones that can be made with a JMP-1. Can't wait to try out the new ones....Nice sounds, btw.

Hah.... As i have said before. If you can't get good sounds out the Axe, start playing harp (or something)

That shows how extremly easy it is to get a good sound. Start at default on any amp and you have a great base tone..

Imho......

sounds great! dial in a little motor drive in the cab block and also try reducing the "ac voltage control" in the amp block (which is basically a variac). just nudge it back, so it's about 80%. :) instant vh. remember to keep the amp gain fairly low, but the master fairly high

Back
Top Bottom