Quick little Lynch Solo I did at Work today.

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
I did the backing track in Garageband on the iPad Mini (drums, rhythm, harmony guitars) then played that file back on my PC through the Axe-Fx as the interface for Win 7, the output of that into my Tascam iXJ2 and straight into my iPhone 6.
All the video editing and titles were done in iOS iMovie on the phone then uploaded to YT. Fun to do. This is the same Tyketto 18 C57 preset I already uploaded on the AxeChange.

You've gota new Intro Lay-Out - the sideways was a typical Lynch vibrato..:eagerness:

I usually do my video editing on my Mac using Final Cut X, this was all done on my phone. The sideways is a Lynchism :)

Thanks for the kind comments, guys!! It's funny because it doesn't feel easy to me at all lol.

Mark

yes you make thinks look stupidly ridiculously simple. and ditto, that's work? well at least they heat your office, I dont see any icicles dangling from your fingers, must be frigid as anything there. Glad I left Syracuse when I did for Norcal :)

besides the fact that I do like all your videos no exception here..I like the most your vibrato..man you do kick some asses with that large vibrato..
thanks to you I started to work on mine..following yours..nice,cool vibrato...i like it, the best I've seen 'till now

It's funny because it doesn't feel easy to me at all lol.

That's because ..., nothing worthwile ever does ( feel easy, I mean ) ....

But everyone's right .... You've worked so hard on your technique that indeed you do now make it look pretty darn easy ....

I've watched ( and been inspired ) by so many of your clips that it's starting to make me a better player too ....

Please keep 'em coming !

THANKS AGAIN !

It's makes me smile that in a little way some of you guys get inspired to the point that it makes you play more. Thanks for your very kind comments...they give me the inspiration to keep pumping out these silly videos :)

Mark

It's makes me smile that in a little way some of you guys get inspired to the point that it makes you play more. Thanks for your very kind comments...they give me the inspiration to keep pumping out these silly videos :)

Mark - so much so that I can't wait for the official FW18 launch and that the Tascam iOS interface you have is in my Amazon Wish List! This summer I am hopeful to use my iPad & iPhone more to do just quick demos of what I play. I call these: "Day-lee Inspirations". Keep 'em coming, maybe some Joe Walsh demos??

:D Thanks Mark, great stuff!

Mark
Please do keeping it alive, you inspire me at the other side of the world too ;)
...and it's fun to watch and keep that vibrato face hehe

rock on !
Marco

Hi Mark

wanna ask... video + audio IN (Axe) + backing track... all in 1 iPhone app? what do you use?

TNX

Here's the process I used for this video:
1. Used Garageband on my iPad Mini to create the backing track, I could have used Garageband on the iPhone but the drums are really bad lol. Used my Axe-Fx into a Tascam iXJ2 audio interface into my iPad. Made a little drum track, then rhythm track then harmony guitar track.
2. Exported the track and emailed the mp3 to myself. Picked up the file on my work Win7 PC.
3. My Axe-Fx is my audio interface at work. I can play the backing track and play my guitar at the same time using the PC. I send the outputs of the Axe-FX to my iXJ2 interface that is now plugged into my iPhone 6.
4. Record the solo with video using the Camera App. This records the video and gets the audio from the iXJ2 (not the phone's mic).
5. Edit the video (titles) with iOS iMovie on the iPhone 6
6. Share the video on YT with iMovie.

I am arguing it is not a vibrato but kind of a one-fingered trill and to re-edit the video a.s.a.p.!

And I don't wanna see your face now! ;)

Would love to see more of your 'live' work to. Sam Hill stuff was amazing. Such a polished sound. Gives me ideas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom