Quick FM3 effects question-

Laskyman

Inspired
I just pulled the trigger on a FM3 for the home studio so I can keep my Axe II rack in the band studio (I dont love hauling kit in and out each week) and I had a question about the unit-
1- I know the Amp models are improved over the Axe II, but are the effects quality essentially the same or are they also improved?
Really looking forward to learning the new piece-
Thanks in advance-

I just pulled the trigger on a FM3 for the home studio so I can keep my Axe II rack in the band studio (I dont love hauling kit in and out each week) and I had a question about the unit-
1- I know the Amp models are improved over the Axe II, but are the effects quality essentially the same or are they also improved?
Really looking forward to learning the new piece-
Thanks in advance-
I would say you have a lot more options now, but if you are using the analog mono delay on the Axe II, its going to be pretty much the same sound as the FM3.

If it blows me away, I will add a FC12 and part ways with the Axe II/MFC101...time will tell!
I don't have a AXII but I did sell my AX8 prior to receiving my FM3, its a supper nice upgrade from that AX8 that I can attest...

There are more modes to many of the effects. The bias trem and the triangle chorus both sound amazing. When I first got my FM3, I A/B compared my Axe II patches to basically the same imported patches on the FM3 and there were some pretty big differences.

The FM3 with Cygnus will quickly convince you to use it with the band and leave the II at home. The FM3 has all the current drives and amp/cab/reverb modeling changes that are in the FX3 and sounds amazing.

Back
Top Bottom