Quick Connection Of AX8 To FOH & Stereo Backline

I use gepco Pa2, powered stereo cable about 30 ft long, open my case plug in xlr's and power send a feed to FOH. Done.

Nice

I have a snake with 2 XLR cables from the AX8 and one from my vocal mic, all go straight to front of house, and it takes merely seconds to set up.

Great stuff Bill!! 45 sec and that is All she wrote! Haha! Still using the preset you posted way back?

You guys might have a much faster way of connecting your AX8, but here's mine:
I got a loom made by MyStarSound and it's cut my connection time down to about 45 seconds.
Hope this helps:

I think that preset was for my AxeFX2, but I used that as a starting place to build a new one on my AX8.
I'll post the AX8 preset later today.

I have a snake that's connected to the AX8. I just unpack the board and snake from my case, run my connections from Out 2 to my FRFR speakers setup like backline behind me, one on each side of the drums, and Out 1 sends to a Radial DI box sitting on top of the FRFR speaker behind me on my side ready for the soundguy to connect to.
IMG_0369.JPG

They are rented by the promoter. When the promoter provides backline, I come out of the AX8's "output 2" and plug into the effects return of the 2 JCM 900's that they provide.
When I bring my own backline, I plug the AX8's "output 2" into an ISP Technologies Stealth power amp and use that to power a 2x12 stereo cab.
In both of these scenarios, I go direct out of "output 1" (stereo) into 2 channels of the snake which feeds FOH & monitors.

They are rented by the promoter. When the promoter provides backline, I come out of the AX8's "output 2" and plug into the effects return of the 2 JCM 900's that they provide.
When I bring my own backline, I plug the AX8's "output 2" into an ISP Technologies Stealth power amp and use that to power a 2x12 stereo cab.
In both of these scenarios, I go direct out of "output 1" (stereo) into 2 channels of the snake which feeds FOH & monitors.
Do you do any special tweaks with the Output 2 global EQ when going amp to cab or poweramp to cab? Also, are you still using the 5153 amp sim? Thanks for your time.

5153 red for dirty (tube screamer drive block in front for solos), AC30TB for clean (comp block in front most of the time, all are great, but now loving the optical comp).
Regarding layout, I use the FX Loop block at the end for output 2 so I'm not going through a cab block and then into a real cab for output 2. (Sounds better to me, and I've have tried it both ways.)
FOH (output 1) goes through a stereo cab block with 5153 Mix 1 on one side and 5153 Mix 2 on the other.
No special tweaks to global eq.
I've tweaked this preset in my studio listening through a pair of Mackie HR824 monitors and they translate well to different PA's. Granted, some PA's are better than others, but my FOH engineer has never had to eq my guitar out front more than 2 or 3 db on any frequency band.
Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom