Wish Quick build option

dongzo

Experienced
Would be very nice to be able to read an existing preset into the QuickBuild instead of the the standard blocks.
I feel that I often pick and choose blocks from my favourite presets...but it's a quite time consuming (read: creativity-killer) process.
Maybe it could be done integrating the brilliant "Fractool by AlGrenadine" in some way.....and yes...I know it is not an easy task...but i'm sure you get the idea :)

Would be very nice to be able to read an existing preset into the QuickBuild instead of the the standard blocks.
I feel that I often pick and choose blocks from my favourite presets...but it's a quite time consuming (read: creativity-killer) process.
Maybe it could be done integrating the brilliant "Fractool by AlGrenadine" in some way.....and yes...I know it is not an easy task...but i'm sure you get the idea :)
Just load up the preset you want to start with and save it in a new location. That's usually how I start a new patch.

Just load up the preset you want to start with and save it in a new location. That's usually how I start a new patch.
Ohh...seems I forgot to clarify my intentions. I would not use the quick build for starting up a new patch...I would use it to quickly fetch and try out blocks from other presets :)

Ohh...seems I forgot to clarify my intentions. I would not use the quick build for starting up a new patch...I would use it to quickly fetch and try out blocks from other presets :)
Ah, you mean load up a preset and take blocks from it, not the whole preset. I'm not sure that'd be any faster than doing the same after you built the preset, like you're doing now.

@paranoid is right, block library.

You can also right click a block and copy it to the clipboard, then paste into a different preset. Individual channels can be copied too from the little arrow menu by the channel select buttons.
This is a great help ^^^^

I am finally at the point of starting the task of saving all of the amp channels in my presets as separate blocks and deleting the whole lot of "amp demo / kitchen sink" presets to get some preset space back, as I only have the Mk I with 512 presets....

You can also right click a block and copy it to the clipboard, then paste into a different preset. Individual channels can be copied too from the little arrow menu by the channel select buttons.
Yeah...but the idea is that you don't have to switch to another preset...copy...and then switch back to the preset you are working on. This has to be done for every block you want to fetch from another preset.

Yeah...but the idea is that you don't have to switch to another preset...copy...and then switch back to the preset you are working on. This has to be done for every block you want to fetch from another preset.

Older generation processors provided the Recall Effect functionality. This allowed you to recall an effect block from other presets into the current preset. That's similar to the request in the OP.

Maybe the reason that it isn't here anymore, is that in order to do this, the Axe-Fx IIII (and FM3) would need to load a preset to be able to retrieve block data from it. That would mean that the device would have to keep two presets in memory temporarily.

If the edit would work offline like it did for the ultra, and you had an online edit open at the same time it would be nice to just drag blocks from an off line preset in one window to an online preset in another window.

Older generation processors provided the Recall Effect functionality. This allowed you to recall an effect block from other presets into the current preset. That's similar to the request in the OP.

Maybe the reason that it isn't here anymore, is that in order to do this, the Axe-Fx IIII (and FM3) would need to load a preset to be able to retrieve block data from it. That would mean that the device would have to keep two presets in memory temporarily.

Sounds like they just want what you mentioned in your remaining wish list:the ability to copy or move multiple blocks at once.

Back
Top Bottom