Quick Axe FX III demo (making a preset)

very nicely done Jono, thanks...may I suggest that when using a compressor POST AMP. . try the Optical 2 set to Line rather than Instrument on the III.. assuming those options still exist...I will know Monday...

rather than going to the Cab List, you can also just turn the Value knob on the cab number to cycle through cabs. just mentioning you don't HAVE to go to the list to change cabs.

however, once in that Cab List, you can also hit the FILTER button under the screen to Filter cab sizes like 2x10, 4x12, etc.

when adding cables to your blocks, the Enter key works like it did on the II, but there is also a dedicated CABLE button under the screen as well.

be sure to check out those dials and buttons under the screen, as it changes depending on what screen you're using.

:D

also always remember the mantra: Store, Enter, Enter. :D

i think you overwrote scene 2 near the end of the video only because the names were all J, K, F, etc. for the quick demo. if you had a more proper preset name typed out, that would have been more obvious.

great video! thanks for recording that. it's nice to see people's first impressions of gear, and how they learn it.

Last edited:
That screen it is going to make changes on the gig a lot easier! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to dig in.

Super helpful Jono!! Thanks for taking the time to create the video. Nav looks much better than the II or AX8.

I’m so confused... I don’t like you for being one of the first to receive their AxeFx III... but who doesn’t love bacon?!

Reactions: yek
Oh man this is awesome! I have been scouring the internet for videos like this to check the out the thing in action.

Oh hello look at that refresh rate.
Having said that the front display is kinda wasted on me apart from the tuner and seeing what patch is selected or what block is active. I just use axe edit.

Awesome, thanks for the video ! I am using my Axe II always with the front panel (almost never with axe edit), I like it very much, but this looks like it will be soooo much easier on the III.

Back
Top Bottom