Quick and likely silly question regarding "Null Filter"

Kyle.E.Woyote

Inspired
In my case(patch rebuilding) I have it set as a db boost for solos, and was curious if those using it for this purpose ever tweak the Null Filters Freq parameters (20hz-20000hz) at all?

I'm using Yammy HS80's for monitors(sadly as close as I can get to FOH and gigs for pre-tweaking) and with Fletcher Munson always catching a ride when cranking them up, I was wondering if anyone has a common practice for using/not using these Freq parameters. Or just rely on the AMP-CAB for adjustments to avoid ear bleeding?

I used to run to the Global EQ for stage and or FOH adjustments but now I default to the cab start and stop freq's to choke hold the upper and lower for FOH. I find it much quicker to deal with it on the fly. This way you're not killing any other work you have done in the amp block that might mess with the fundamental tone of the amp model.

Thanks guys for chiming in.

Yeah, same here Sixstring, my go to is the cuts in the Cab. I Keep second guessing myself if tones are ok for those at gigs when the IEM's are in!!

....my damn tonal paranoia....

Thanks guys for chiming in.

Yeah, same here Sixstring, my go to is the cuts in the Cab. I Keep second guessing myself if tones are ok for those at gigs when the IEM's are in!!

....my damn tonal paranoia....

Ya know IEM's are a PITA I could never use them, made my ears itch and I always felt disconnected. I tried all the tricks to fix that problem with room mics and such but never could work with them. On top of that they just make things sound different I was running different built presets for IEM vrs floor monitors and finally gave up.

Back
Top Bottom