Questions on Axe-Fx 3, where can I find choice of Mic simulators?

shredder7

I just recently got my Axe efx 3 and really am excited about it, but I scrolled through the legacy cabs and found my favorite 4x12 Petrucci v30 cab. I noticed my old Axe Efx 2 XL there where 4-5 different mic simulators to choose from to senheissers , 57 , etc.
I could not find different mics to use for the Petrucci cab on Axe efx 3 and look at all the other pages to find this option. This is critical for getting the big sound I used to get that I used to have from my Axe efx 2XL 2. Is there a section I am missing to find these mic simulators such as the Neumann U87,Shure KSM137 etc in Axe efx 3? Please help me

Last edited:
Almost all IRs these days have the mic(s) "baked in". There are no mic sims on the Axe Fx III.

Cliff and company decided the results are better this way.

If you search you can find some IRs that were created via ToneMatch to provide the same EQ curve as the mics from the Axe Fx II.

Thanks for responding. Wow, I was getting a real kick on the different Mic sims that really gave me the sounds. Another question. Is it possible that the saved presets from my Axe efx 2 xl from my Mac laptop can be uploaded click and drag into Axe Efx 3 edit to get that same customized sound that I like?

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded it already into my mini mac desk top. I might try to upload it in to my Mac Lap top. But, I haven't uploaded it to use yet, because of the warning.

I read the disclaimer, I guess the owner claims its safe. Is it risky though what are the pros and Cons, Have you used Frac-Tool yourself? Do you know anyone that had bad luck with it? I'm afraid it may damage my Axe ef 3/ What do you think?

Won't damage anything. It's free software and hence comes with a very typical "use at your own risk" warning.

I converted presets from Axe Fx II mkII to XL+ using FracTool - worked flawlessly for me. When I got my Axe Fx III the software wasn't yet supporting it.

Many people use it without issue.

In the worst case, your preset won't convert properly... But most likely it will be fine.

You will likely need to tweak anyway since things have changed between the II and III, but it will do most of the heavy lifting.

Thanks for the reply, I downloaded it already into my mini mac desk top. I might try to upload it in to my Mac Lap top. But, I haven't uploaded it to use yet, because of the warning.

I read the disclaimer, I guess the owner claims its safe. Is it risky though what are the pros and Cons, Have you used Frac-Tool yourself? Do you know anyone that had bad luck with it? I'm afraid it may damage my Axe ef 3/ What do you think?
The warning was a fractal audio, understandable, request.

Back
Top Bottom