Questions about the Flanger in the Axe-Fx III

Karinger

Hello,

I don't own one of these so I'm a bit green. I'm assuming that there is a flanger that emulates the Electric Mistress...

First question... Is there a sample out there that shows that it can sound close enough to emulate some Pink Floyd covers?

Second Question... Can the effect be mixed with clean like in some of the recent releases of clones? ... Maybe using an expression pedal for example. I'm thinking yes.

I am selling off effects to gather funds and purchase, It's just taking a while.

Hello,

I don't own one of these so I'm a bit green. I'm assuming that there is a flanger that emulates the Electric Mistress...

First question... Is there a sample out there that shows that it can sound close enough to emulate some Pink Floyd covers?

Second Question... Can the effect be mixed with clean like in some of the recent releases of clones? ... Maybe using an expression pedal for example. I'm thinking yes.

I am selling off effects to gather funds and purchase, It's just taking a while.
Here's a couple samples where I compare my electric mistress with the analog flanger model of the axe fx, there's only a slight difference on the bass frequencies and on the sweep.
With FW 11.02 Cliff added a few parameters to the flanger block and the electric mistress model. Now I just select that model and it sounds pretty much identical to my real mistress with almost no tweaks (I just lower "bass focus" a bit).

For your second question the answer is definitely yes, the flanger block (like any other fx block in the axe fx) has a mix knob.

PS: anyway my suggestion is to keep your pedals for now (if you can) and sell them after you buy the axe fx so you can compare and see for yourself if the sims will be able to replace them.
In my case I ended up keeping just a couple fuzz pedals but I never use them anyway, even if I haven't been able to 100% match them, the slight difference isn't worth the hassle of carrying them around

Last edited:
There is a high end chime about it that I miss in the emulation with a clean amp. It is really close otherwise.

I have owned three different models of the Electric Mistress pedal, one of which is from the late 70s. The emulation in the AxeFX III is incredible. It's literally a combination of the best characteristics of my original pedals.

I have owned three different models of the Electric Mistress pedal, one of which is from the late 70s. The emulation in the AxeFX III is incredible. It's literally a combination of the best characteristics of my original pedals.
May I ask what setting you use on the Fractal Mistress. I have a Green 18v mistress from the 70s and I cant get it to sound close to my pedal.

Back
Top Bottom