Questions about re-amping

Larcher

Inspired
Hello everyone. I've had my axefx2 for almost 2 years now and I'm ready to start and try out some reamping.

I've tried to follow Ben Kiltz guide on youtube but, I didn't understand anything he said (not because of his accent) but because it wasn't all that clear. Also I use cubase, he showcases how to reamp with Ableton Live.

I asked a friend and he told me how to, but it doesn't always work. Here is my process for reamping:

Import DI tracks in cubase
Add one extra track in Stereo mode(for R/L guitars) for each DI track
Mute all tracks except the track that is about to be re-amped along with it's accompanying extra empty track
On my axefx2 I do -> I/O -> Audio -> set Main Input Source to USB.
Then in cubase I hit record on the track the is empty while having the DI track on solo - Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't I don't know why.
In the off chance that it does work, I can only re-amp once per cubase project.

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure your project is at 48k and have your input set to USB and then solo the stem track you wish to reamp. Make sure your target track is armed to record and has the axefx set as its input. Hit record and you should be hearing the processed signal from the axefx being recorded onto the new track. Rinse and repeat

Right. That is exactly what I am doing.

I've just tried it

I was able to re-amp the left guitar, but when I try to do so on the Right guitar, it does not work. The re-amping doesn't happen. It just records nothing, no sound, but it is recording.

I have actually found out why.. but I have no idea how to fix this because I don't think it's a problem on my end.

So, I have 2 guitar tracks, one left and one right. They both play different things (harmonies and whatnot)
I can hear both of the tracks fine when my main input source is set to Analog (in 1) which is the default.
However, when I set my M.I.S (main input source) to USB, I can only hear the Left guitar and the bass (there is a bass DI as well on a seperate track.)
I've tried muting everything, unmuting everything one by one, and it all points to the Right guitar track.
It's really weird because even cubase picks it up, I can see the sound level spiking.

Any ideas?

edit: Scratch what I just wrote here ^ it's actually something to do with cubase I think because I just tried with another set of DIs (different person entirely) and the same thing happens. I can record the FIRST guitar DI, but not anything after that.

Last edited:
In I/O your Input1 Source is set to LEFT. set it to stereo or make sure the DAW DI-Signal leave the the PC LEFT, not RIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom