Questions About New XiTone 12″ GRFR Active Lightweight Wedges (they forgot to send the manual)

DFauvre

Inspired
Just got them.

Please only answer these questions if you own Xitone cabinets, no guesses! Thank you!

1. There was no manual included. I've contacted XiTone and supposedly they are going to send me one but have not yet. There is no manual PDF download on the site.

2. What are the recommended DSP settings for playing electric guitar, mostly rock, through the Axe Fx III?
Where is the recommended volume setting? On my Atomic FRFR cabs I always had it all the way up.

3. The cabinets have no XiTone logo on them, nor does it say XiTone anywhere on the cabinets, there is no model #, serial #, nor date of manufacture.
How do I know they were actually made by XiTone? When? What model? And how would a buyer know if I were to ever sell them? That they have nothing on them at all that I can find that identifies them in any manner, I find this very odd and suspicious.

4. If you are reading this and you own a XiTone FRFR cab, does it have any of the above information missing on my new XiTone cabinets printed on your XiTone cabinet?

Thanks!

David

I bought the non-lightweight active wedge about a month and a half ago and coincidentally had some of the same questions.
  1. Assuming you have the same Dayton power amp as the non-lightweight model, here's the manual: https://www.parts-express.com/pedoc...io-pma800dsp-2-way-plate-amplifier-manual.pdf. Mine didn't come with one either, but Mick emailed it to me.

2. According to Mick: "Most folks use Mode 1 exclusively. Modes 2 and 3 are minor tweaks to Mode 1. Mode 4 turns off the tweeter and Mode 5 is the 12” raw."

3. I specifically asked for no logo on mine. It's a pretty niche product, so I don't think anyone is going to doubt the authenticity of the cabinet if you go to sell it. At least half of the ones I've seen on Reverb are logo-less.

I bought the non-lightweight active wedge about a month and a half ago and coincidentally had some of the same questions.
  1. Assuming you have the same Dayton power amp as the non-lightweight model, here's the manual: https://www.parts-express.com/pedoc...io-pma800dsp-2-way-plate-amplifier-manual.pdf. Mine didn't come with one either, but Mick emailed it to me.

2. According to Mick: "Most folks use Mode 1 exclusively. Modes 2 and 3 are minor tweaks to Mode 1. Mode 4 turns off the tweeter and Mode 5 is the 12” raw."

3. I specifically asked for no logo on mine. It's a pretty niche product, so I don't think anyone is going to doubt the authenticity of the cabinet if you go to sell it. At least half of the ones I've seen on Reverb are logo-less.
Great help, thank you!!!
If you go on daytonaudio's website you can actually download the software to program the DSP presets to your liking.
https://www.daytonaudio.com/product...plifier-800w-2-channel-with-dsp-and-bluetooth
Great, and I thought these were made by Xitone. Or are they made by Dayton and modified by Mick at Xitone?

Reactions: ESW
Great help, thank you!!!

Great, and I thought these were made by Xitone. Or are they made by Dayton and modified by Mick at Xitone?
He is most likely programming his own curves into them. But the software may show you just what the curves look like.

Reactions: ESW
Great help, thank you!!!

Mick is using Dayton power amps, specifically the PMA models (which are no longer sold except to him) and not the PPA models with the USB port. He is indeed custom programming his own EQ curves into these.

Back
Top Bottom