Questions about models for Axe-Fx III

well there only 3 things that need to be tweak on the Kemper and thats it.,anyway i love both units.
It seems that both can do a lot of really good stuff and great sounds can come from either.

What are the biggest differences that you've found, and what sort of use do you think that they are each suited to?

It seems that both can do a lot of really good stuff and great sounds can come from either.

What are the biggest differences that you've found, and what sort of use do you think that they are each suited to?

What are the biggest differences that you've found
biggest differences are the FX,the fx on the fractal sound a bit better that the effects on the kemper,the amps on both units are pretty awesome

and what sort of use do you think that they are each suited to?
you can use both units with a real amp,PA or you can use only the Axefx FX with a real amp or with the Kemper,honestly you cant go wrong with the Axefx or kemper,also remember there a lot of fractal fan boys and kemper fan boys,my advice "if" you can try both units and make your choice.

What are the biggest differences that you've found
biggest differences are the FX,the fx on the fractal sound a bit better that the effects on the kemper,the amps on both units are pretty awesome

and what sort of use do you think that they are each suited to?
you can use both units with a real amp,PA or you can use only the Axefx FX with a real amp or with the Kemper,honestly you cant go wrong with the Axefx or kemper,also remember there a lot of fractal fan boys and kemper fan boys,my advice "if" you can try both units and make your choice.
I got a loaner Kemper to play with for a few months and got a pretty good feel for it. I haven't found a way to source a Fractal to try yet, though, hence the questions

I've seen that - that seems a lot like the profiling process that "the other guys" use.

I was hoping to find the model of those specific amps....sounds like that's not really available.

I found this thread that another guy mentions how the "Big Hair" amps sounds like MP-1 preamp:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/is-the-big-hair-amp-based-on-the-ada-mp1.55522/

Also, Singtall did a MP-1 preset (who normally charges for access to his presets)

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=1862

So the answer to the question is that there are not models for the amps I mentioned, and there is not a way for a user to build a model.
True, but the MP1 is more or less a tweaked hotrod Marshall preamp circuit, and the adjustments were made to the model the above-mentioned preset to get really close to the desired result. @2112 has a video on the MP1, IIRC, and talks about emulating it in the AxeFX3. There is no way for the user to create a new model, but the models that exist currently are tweakable on a fairly deep level.

The "Big Hair" model with the tonestack frequency changed to 600hz sounds bang on with my MP-1.

dude, thank you times a million for the tip. this is the most realistic tube sound and feel that I've heard out of any modeler.

note: I'm using the preset with Devin Townsend Fishman pickups. with other pickups you might want to do a low cut on the amp model to reduce some of the girth.

At the end of the day, all amps produce peaks and valleys within the EQ spectrum. In practice the user doesn’t care how the 1k range turned out to be 1.6789 db louder, just that it is. With three amp models and good ears you can cover anything, the rest is just icing on the cake to make it easier.

Back
Top Bottom