Question : Tone Match to Cab Block

bread

Power User
Hello,

sorry ... another question.

Is it possible to export 2 TM blocks into a single cab block - one TM for X and the other one for Y ? This way I can use 2 tone match presets and switch them using scenes ?

Alternatively, is there a way to convert a TM block to a cab block without using the TM function on the Axe FX during the tone matching process ? I could use 2 amp blocks with 2 x "TM converted cab blocks" (I can't have 2 x TM blocks in one preset).

Thanks
"Bread"

If I understand the question correctly you're looking for a way to x/y switch tone matches? Why not export TM 1 & 2 to User Cab IRs and then load the exported IR of TM 1 to the X side of a cab block, and the IR of TM 2 to the Y side?

If I understand the question correctly you're looking for a way to x/y switch tone matches? Why not export TM 1 & 2 to User Cab IRs and then load the exported IR of TM 1 to the X side of a cab block, and the IR of TM 2 to the Y side?

Yes that's exactly what I want to do. Do you know what is involved in doing this please - I only have the Axe Edit and Cab Manager applications

Just bought cab lab 3 - dur !

Check out CabLab 3's Serial Mix Mode if you want to combine cab IR and a tone match IR into one IR, parallel for normal cab mixes.

MIXER MODE SELECTOR – The normal way of using the
mixer is in Parallel mode. Switching to “Series” changes the fundamental way that Cab-Lab works. Instead of mixing cab IRs together in parallel like a mixer would, it runs them together in series. This might be used to combine a normal IR with a “corrective” IR (perhaps exported from a Tone Match block). Although you can combine up to eight IRs in this way, we recommend limiting it to two.​

If you're still looking for how to export the TMA to a User cab slot there's instructions in this post...

How to export UR ToneMatch

enjoy! :)

Check out CabLab 3's Serial Mix Mode if you want to combine cab IR and a tone match IR into one IR, parallel for normal cab mixes.

MIXER MODE SELECTOR – The normal way of using the
mixer is in Parallel mode. Switching to “Series” changes the fundamental way that Cab-Lab works. Instead of mixing cab IRs together in parallel like a mixer would, it runs them together in series. This might be used to combine a normal IR with a “corrective” IR (perhaps exported from a Tone Match block). Although you can combine up to eight IRs in this way, we recommend limiting it to two.​

If you're still looking for how to export the TMA to a User cab slot there's instructions in this post...

How to export UR ToneMatch

enjoy! :)

Awesome - thanks a lot for your help

Back
Top Bottom