Question to Cliff about his Vision of the futire of AxeFx...

I haven't even started on the design of an Axe-Fx III. The current platform has lots of life left. We are focusing our attention on several other products at this time.

Those other products are FX8 and expression pedals? Or you have something else under the curtain? :)

I haven't even started on the design of an Axe-Fx III. The current platform has lots of life left. We are focusing our attention on several other products at this time.

I suspect some of the traffic in this and other threads simply results from the increased CPU demands of recent firmware versions - better amp modeling, dramatically improved reverb algorithms, and whatnot. The improvements are substantial and desirable; we want to use them in our presets. Nevertheless, there is a finite amount of hardware to run the algorithms, so we're faced with having to make choices about whether or not to add that next block or use some feature.

If there are opportunities for code optimization that haven't yet been realized (doubtful based on what I've read), then great. Otherwise, users will need to either choose wisely when building a preset, or might need to consider adding a second Axe or other outboard gear to achieve the results they want.

Dave

Those other products are FX8 and expression pedals? Or you have something else under the curtain? :)

I remember a post from FAS stating they had no less then 6 other products in the works on top of the expression pedals, :? At least I think that's what was posted can't remember it word for word but you get the idea. The fact that Cliff has made it public that he hasn't been working on an Axe III is quite comforting and should keep prices in the used market up for a little wile longer ;)

Thank you so much Cliff for your response, it was very much appreciated. I am just a very curious person :)
I was never a fan of modeling technology until AXEFX came along.
It's my opinion that you've single handedly made all Tube Amps/Pedals obsolete.
I don't miss anything at all about real amps.
I think the AXE sounds better than the real thing.

Yeah. Yep. I'll buy that. That gotta be true.

If it weren't true and I were Cliff, then I'd also still say that because that would throw the competition for a loop and then come out with the III in about three months time. Again, luckily I'm not Cliff and Cliff can not tell a lie. Physically impossible.

Never stop hoping!!!

Then again, I don't have much to wish for with the II. Except maybe more room for presets and cabs n' stuff. Maybe slightly improved input section with lower noise floor...

Back
Top Bottom